Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. antiquecycles

Need an Elgin EXPERT to answer

I am getting some conflicting info and I need someone to confirm tank fitment on an Elgin. I am done with a re-do of a '37 Elgin. I have concluded that it IS a '37 (MOS 770396) Murray built. My question is, will the tanks sold on ebay fit? There are a ton of the repop tanks for Columbia's...
  2. antiquecycles

Elgin ID again...

I am working on a Mens Elgin with a straight downtube. It is clearly a Murray, built for Sears. Can one of you experts confirm my fear that it is a 41? I was under the impression that the straight seat tube went away in 1940. Here is what my bottom bracket reads:MOS 1 0396 Thanks in advance...
  3. antiquecycles

1941 Elgin

A friend of mine expressed an interest in learning the ways of the force (pre war bicycle collecting). After searching for a long time (3 days, I have ADHD) I found a good starter on CL. The seller gave me a great deal ($250) so I sent my friend to pick her up. He brought it to my house the...
  4. antiquecycles

Im back (hope its okay :)

I feel like the prodigal Son... I have been collecting prewar motorcycles and bicycles for many years. I never really did much social networking outside of texting. A friend (using the term loosely) got me back into the hobby a few months ago. I now have 5 prewar mens tank bicycles. I joined...
Back