Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Rory

WTB or trade for...

Hey I am looking for a solid 28" wood rim bike frame only. Don't need forks but a crank would be cool. Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
  2. Rory

What you need for TOC

Hey there! I'm looking for a 28" double top bar frame.... Anything you might be able to help out with? I have a few interesting things to trade (plus cash). I look forward to hearing back. Rory Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
  3. Rory

Parts Lot

If you get no traction on this lot, id like to make an offer on the chain and brake if you would entertain that. Thanks Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
  4. Rory

'55 Hudson - 24" Newsboy "Sprinter"

Just found a lost link to pictures of this bike before I got it. It is neat to find the same exact bike I own posted online by a previous owner. http://thecabe.com/forum/index.php?threads/11818/
  5. Rory

Rear Hubs & More - 20% of Net Sales Donated to Oregon Humane Society

Hi there! I'm interested in section 2 - #3: "JC Higgins 36 hole hub w/10 tooth skiptooth cog. BEAUTIFUL! Brake arm shows slight wear. Straight axle w/good threads. $40." (minus the $5 off mentioned in red) How do we do this?
  6. Rory

REDUCED Parting prewar Colson bike

PM sent about grips. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. Rory

'55 Hudson - 24" Newsboy "Sprinter"

Here is a few pics of my latest build. I honestly forget where i got the year from... I bought this several years ago and have tried to find info on it but with no luck other that some bits on Westfield Mfg.. So for now, it hase a few imported parts, holding the place of domestic parts. Being...
  8. Rory

Project 346 Tires?!

I think i remember it being carb cleaner... No gaurantee. Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk
  9. Rory

Let's see your Cleveland Welding bicycles!

Here is my '39 CWC Western Flyer with 144 spoke rims, hairpin messenger seat, continental tires, 26/9 gears' beehive springer, 60s headlight adapted to LED, shimano 3 speed grip shifter which currently shifts nothing. It is my first build and my main cruiser. It gets 40-50 miles per week put...
  10. Rory

Sprocket Fitting. Yes It Worked.

Engine witty' Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. Rory

'39 Red - Balloons FIN!

Thanks! It reminds me of maybe a '39 Cadillac CTS-V, you know, a luxury racer! I am grateful that I could lop those 9 teeth off and keep the crank and chain with one smallish mod to the sprocket. Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk
  12. Rory

VOTE HERE! - OFFICIAL B.O. VOTE

I took a triple take trying to figure it out because I saw the voting picture before the build thread. Wild stuff!! Was my first check box target.
  13. Rory

'39 Red - Balloons FIN!

Wow folks, I am humbled by the responses. It hits a certain chord to get this feedback on my first project. This bike is a reflection of the influience you all have had on me while I lurked without a username for a couple of years, in the corners of the forums. Picking up notes on parts and...
  14. Rory

Da BLABBERMOUTH IS FINISHED!!

Great color and great style man! Cool bike. Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk
  15. Rory

'39 Red - Balloons FIN!

Hello everyone, I'm glad to say that my first ever Rat Rod Bike is complete! I envisioned this bike the moment I saw the bare frame. Just saw it in my head almost exactly as it rolls now. I am told this is a '39 Western Flyer branded CWC frame. All other parts are listed below with as much...
  16. Rory

Der Rote Baron - Felt Red Baron

Loving your "fender"!:rofl: Nice build. It is cool to see so many red bikes this year.
  17. Rory

*** JANKY ***

i think i might have headlight envy. Sweet build!
  18. Rory

Pre-War Western Flyer(?) - Balloon tire racer

Thanks for the kind words Luke and Hammer, This is my first RRB, and it is nice to see that the decisions on parts worked out to something I am proud of. And this thing gets miles put on it too! Easily 30 miles a week for the past 6 weeks or so since it has been rolling. Now i just need to...
  19. Rory

Yes they are Retro Rides, good call. I was unaware of the reflective strip or I would have purchased something else... I really dislike the strips.:arghh:
  20. Rory

Thanks Kingfish. I have been a lurker for quite a while and finally decided to jump into the community and build off feet first. My dad got me into the rat rod bikes and i have been really inspired by what everyone here has done both in this builld off and previous years as well. It is great to...
Back