Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Dirty_Vinylpusher

BMX chop/stretch/rat

heeeeeelloo! :acute: Remember me? Probably not....only made a brief appearance, posted a load of crap and then disappeared..... Aaaaaaaaanyway, it just so happened that in between the 20 things I was doing, the 30 things I was planning to do and the 40 things I SHOULD be doing, I tripped...
  2. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Mini scrap chopper

I'll let the pics do the talking. it's about 700mm long. :)
  3. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Outdoor kitchen/bar

the reason why there's been no progress with my chopper recently...... Before: Last week: Earlier today: Mostly built with scavenged materials and stuff I had laying around. With summer here we spend a lot of time outside cooking on the BBQ, enjoying a beer etc so it was time...
  4. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Welding earth clamp

Picked up this totally awesome oldskool welding earth clamp at the scrap yard for ten bucks today! :113:
  5. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Custom bike pic found online help

anyone know anything about this? Don't remember where I found the pic... :39: :)
  6. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Clown bike

well..... Could work..... :crazy:
  7. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Strange clamp

found this at the scrapyard. Unusual looking clamp. Anyone know what it was used for? Seems specialized. Made from brass maybe....?
  8. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Tube bender....

what do people use? The hydraulic jack type? The brute force type? Been looking at a couple on eBay for around $150-$200. Some boast 12 tonne force. Not sure how true that is. How much do you need? I have no idea about these things. If the "dies" are good enough and the rest of the setup is a...
  9. Dirty_Vinylpusher

How to weld chain neatly?

Been having a go at welding some chain links together, and to be honest, the results have been pretty dreadful. (Mig welder) So far I've laid the chain in some angle iron, tightened it at both ends and tried to weld the links together, but it ends up very messy.... :( Also stretched some chain...
  10. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Scooters

Just tacked this thing together today to see how it would look. Been thinking of making a couple of scooters etc to sell. Very crude prototype and needs a fatter rear wheel but I think something like this could work.
  11. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Airbagged.....

....RAT BARROW! :bigboss: :rofl::acute:
  12. Dirty_Vinylpusher

BMX

I acquired a bunch of bikes today which will be chopped up for future projects. This one makes me wonder...... Seems oldschool. Possibly worth restoring? I'll get some more and better pics up later if needed. On the iPad and the Photobucket app is rubbish. :)
  13. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Home made banana seat?

Interested in seeing what people have done when it comes to home made bananas. Do you glue the foam rubber on? Lace the covering, or rivet it or.....? Cheers :)
  14. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Rat potbelly stove

Told ya I have lots of pictures of everything.... Here's another one of my creations. I had this hot water tank which I used to make an open fireplace for the backyard and camping. Works really well, and burns heaps better than any 44 Gal. drum I've had in the past '] '] I only used...
  15. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Rust removal, preserving and creation

I've been playing with both removing, creating and preserving rust a bit lately. First: Electrolytic rust removal. I had been doing a lot of reading about the different ways to remove rust without using abrasives. There's all sorts of ways to do it, soak in vinegar, molasses and all kinds of...
  16. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Street Cruiser

This all started a while back as a mate moved from 3 doors away to a couple of blocks away and I needed something to get me there and back when catching up for a beer or ten. Had a couple of bikes laying around. This one, and the yellow one as seen in the Rat Poison thread. One had a busted...
  17. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Rat Poison chopper

It all started here one afternoon.... Second donor bike Wheel barrow legs...
  18. Dirty_Vinylpusher

Hello from Australia

good morning! Am working on a rat chopper made from 3 bikes, wheelbarrow parts and whatever else I can find. Will start a thread on it soon. Lots of photos. :)
Back