Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. NICK1985

1939 ELGIN bicycle 70 YEAR STORAGE SCARY PIC Its all done !

i have a mens Elgin that im wanting to restore to this color. what paint did you use to re touch it with? thanks
  2. NICK1985

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

3. NICK1985

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

Looks identical to mine! right down to the paint!
  4. NICK1985

Not sure...

is this bike still available by any chance?
  5. NICK1985

MONOSHOCK BMX PICS

Anyone have any cool old Monoshock bikes? I am thinking about buying my first one and would love to see some photos....
  6. NICK1985

JC HIGGINS BACK HUB HELP

Well I picked the bike up from the bike shop. The diagrams and photos everyone posted on here helped the guys in the shop. Thank you! I took the wheel home, place it on the bike and everything seemed perfect as I road up and down my street before something else went wrong Now the wheel just...
  7. NICK1985

JC HIGGINS BACK HUB HELP

Thank you to everyone taking the time to get back to me, I really appreciate it. Im going to take these photos/info and pass it onto the bike shop and hopefully they can fix it!
  8. NICK1985

JC HIGGINS BACK HUB HELP

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to post some images. Im going to pass these onto the bike shop. thank you
  9. NICK1985

JC HIGGINS BACK HUB HELP

Hi guys, I recently purchased a 50's JC Higgins bike here in London but Im having a nightmare with the back hub and I am needing some help. I took it to a local bike shop that was willing to have a look at it for me but they haven't had any luck fixing it and said it seems like a part might be...
  10. NICK1985

JC Higgins but what year?

Amazing! Thank you for taking the time to reply. Ill have to go check my other bike now :)
  11. NICK1985

Yeah its very strange to find one over here! They pop up now and again on ebay but not very often. Thanks for the reply
  12. NICK1985

I picked this bike up last week and I was wondering what year it was from. It has a skip tooth chain so does that mean its a 40's bike?
  13. NICK1985

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

They pop up now and again on ebay but very rarely. I actually brought the top one back from NY and slowly had friends bring back original parts for me as I only had the frame and forks. The second one I actually bought on ebay, a guy had found it in a barn over here...no idea how it ended up in...
  14. NICK1985

JC Higgins found in UK

I actually just bought some 26x2.15 whitewalls off ebay. They arent amazing but they will do the job until I can locate a schwinn typhoon cord for the front wheel. What are the details for this ride in London? Would love to join if I can figure out how to get this back hub fixed in time
  15. NICK1985

JC Higgins found in UK

I picked this bike up on the weekend over here in the UK. Not too many of these in this country so always a nice surprise when one pops up on Ebay or Gumtree. It looks as though someone sprayed red over the original red paint but since it was done long ago its starting to flake off and looks...
  16. NICK1985

lets see those bedroom bikes

my small bedroom/workshop in London
  17. NICK1985

HOW TO CONVERT MY JC HIGGINS MIDDLE WEIGHT BIKE

hhhmmm Im thinking that I might have to run the bike without fenders annoyingly. It might be too much of a gamble to buy and pay the shipping only to find they don't fit. Does anyone happen to have any detailed photos of a JC Higgins fender so I can see how it would need to fit within that...
  18. NICK1985

HOW TO CONVERT MY JC HIGGINS MIDDLE WEIGHT BIKE

yeah thats something else I hadn't thought about, my wheels aren't exactly true haha. Thank you for the advice.
  19. NICK1985

Help finding the correct white walls

So the tyres arrived from Italy and I managed to put them on the bike this weekend. They look really nice although I would have liked if they were a bit bigger but oh well... Any ideas on how to get rid of the black KENDA logo on the whitewall?
Back