Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Black Top Roller

The Evans Drag-On Sonic Scout--done!

Its been a long five weeks getting this old girl back up and running in time for the build off.I took her down to the Chesire Farmington Canal Greenway rail trail for some photos and to give a trial shortie ride.She ran excellent with the exception of forgetting my allen wrenches so I couldn't...
  2. Black Top Roller

The Drag-On Sonic Scout

I started this in "builds" about a month ago if anyone is interested in the posts on how the build is going and the work being done to date.Really didn't think of it as a candidate at the time for the "Build Off"or that i'd get her done in time for the deadline but with a little prodding from a...
  3. Black Top Roller

Around Congamond Lakes

Oh Oh boys and girls guess what time it is,thaaaaaats right its picture time:banghead:!!! Had a most terrific day on the Torpedo,this bike just doesn't disappoint and am very happy to have resurrected her from the basement dungeon.Ran a easy going 14 to 17 mph pace and turned in a shortie 30...
  4. Black Top Roller

The 50 + miler Columbia Torpedo Blast solo bike run

Yeah I know,I can hear the moans all the way to my house---NOT MORE PICTURES:20:Thaaaaats right more pics!!.Being the perpetual bike chuckle head and always trying one up my stupidity I set out to mile up the Torpedo on her longest ride to date.Yeah and I know this looks like "The Song Remains...
  5. Black Top Roller

Father's Day Head Slap Bike Run solo Simsbury Ct to Westfield Ma

Being a little disappointed that I was not able to run the Noho Mass bike run yesterday and needing to get some seat time in I set out for a little longer of a ride today on the BlackTop Roller chop.Found out Willie Nelson and Allison Krauss were performing tonight at the park as I rolled...
  6. Black Top Roller

The DRAG-ON Evans Sonic Scout build

Getting all the parts together for my latest build,I'll post pics in progress as she comes together.Bike will be outfitted with a Sturmey Archer3 speed wheel in black with a Kenda Flame 26x3.00 back tire.Front wheel is a 26" black Teny mag outfitted with a Kenda 1.5 front tire.Bike will feature...
  7. Black Top Roller

New life for an old girlfriend my Columbia Torpedo

Just got this old girl back up and running after many years dusty cornered.I must have rode this around the world twice over the years and swapped over to my Schwinn three speed chops.Had some vacation time and was raining for a few days so I decided to start the revamp overhaul.Bike was puff...
  8. Black Top Roller

Harlem Valley river run

Terrific day for a bike run on the Harlem Valley trail which starts at the Wassaic train station in NY and runs to the little village of Millerton.The Ache Bones had honorary member Sarah ride with us today and what a nice day was had by all.The trail is beautiful with lots of wooded areas and...
  9. Black Top Roller

Knocking out dents from sheetmetal

Recently had good luck using the flat table portion of my biggest vise a 9" piece of wooden broomstick handle[make sure the end cut is flat and square] and a rubber mallet to knock out the small dents and dings on the rack and tank of my Evans.I'm really happy with the results and now the most...
  10. Black Top Roller

Evans come home

Been wanting one of these for a while now that wasn't priced like two months mortgage payments.Luckily I was able to sell a bike to a fella who I met at the Dudley swap at a later date since he didn't have enough $ at that particular moment to help fund this new project.She's on her way home and...
  11. Black Top Roller

Lebanon Valley Dragstrip NY Muscle Pooloza

Had an awesome day at Lebanon Valley dragstrip,a friend of my sister's boyfriend ran his Chevy Nova to a best of three today at 7.96 169mph.Never thought I'd be helping out on one of the fastest door slammer cars there !Ended up swapping the rear end gear ratio after the first pass,then the...
  12. Black Top Roller

New Haven CT.Bust a gut bike run

Saw on the Nerrb Simsbury Ct. bike run post some RRBers would like to run New Haven.Me,Stevil and Jerry Chopper 49er run this all the time from Chesire down to the New Haven green on the Farmington Greenway railtrail and stop for a round at Weed's Cafe which is our regular pitstop and then to...
  13. Black Top Roller

One Fine Day in New London Ct.

Had a picture perfect day on Sun at the 20" bike gatherthing in New London.Good people,bikes and a tour of the fair city,what a treat :D .Heres a small tour: PS:Thanks Rob and Maria,much appreciated!! PS:Steve,I found a much nicer rock for your kickstand,hope to see you soon! :wink...
  14. Black Top Roller

My Blacktop

Heres some pics of the bike trail " The Farmington Canal Greenway"that we use all the time in Connecticut.We start in Chesire and ride down to New Haven,round trip is approx 25mi. now with more to come by summers end.Plenty of places to nurse the ol trail wounds with vittles and brew and even a...
  15. Black Top Roller

Baby needs new shoes

Rat lovers, You gotta check out "Sweet Skinz Tyres" on the net.Google it up, you'll get a kick outta these shoes for that rat or chop.Wish they had the biggie skins for the rear of my rides,I don't think they'd look good running just the fronts...
  16. Black Top Roller

Santa's new ride

Hey Bike Buds, Didn't put a tree up this year,the wife's a little PO'D especially when I asked her to run to the store for more extention cable so I can at least make it around the block.Merry Christmas everyone!!
  17. Black Top Roller

Junk Pile Rats

Hey Bike Buds, Trying to get the picture size thing a little better,heres a couple Rats for ya's.The purple bike is a 1950's Columbia "Torpedo" that I did for fun about 7 years ago.This thing has mileage to the moon and back and been on vacations and different bike trails...
  18. Black Top Roller

New Dude

Hey Bike Buds, I'm new to the RR Forumn,got tipped off by another bike fiend here in Connecticut.I'm really liking what I'm reading an seeing,lots of talent being dropped on the best machines to ever grace the planet!!!I'v been a pedalhead a longtime,Got into the antique...
Back