Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. old_goat

Post Your Monark & Firestone Super Deluxe/Cruisers

I am pretty sure they're about same style as Monark.. some are torpedo, some are tapered.. I went for 'coke bottle' on mine
  2. old_goat

Post Your Monark & Firestone Super Deluxe/Cruisers

old thread or not.. all still good to read and reply.. as I am still working on my Monark, this thread still worth coming to..
  3. old_goat

The whole fat tire thing may just be getting out of hand

heck of rocker on the bottom of sole... I would feel funny wearing those without normal arched sole
  4. old_goat

Bikeman4u on YT.

what crack me up about Bikeman4u, is his youtube video on barefoot pedals... I would say he is alright..
  5. old_goat

Those big headlights

yup, may have to pull the bulb and see... many of those old Farmall has been change over from 6 volts positive to 12 volts negative ground.. I did one of mine that way
  6. old_goat

Trauma-Free Tire Changing

what bother me is those tires that are folded or rolled up in a small box.. which are seen in large department store like Wally World... never have used or mounted any of them.. all I heard is that they're a pain to get it to stay on the rim..
  7. old_goat

or even a piece of nylon tubing..
  8. old_goat

:21: ya crack me up... I had done it before.. because I was young, didn't have a way or money to get a new tube.. so I pulled a tube out of 26" bike and slap it in my 20" bike, and yup it was folded and taped with lotsa black electrician tape.. worked good in my 20" cheater slick.. no lumpy or...
  9. old_goat

if the tip are grounded square, corners can snag the tube.. Sure, rounding all corners and edges, and grind the tip to round shape.. but finish on some rims would mar too easy..
  10. old_goat

Those big headlights

awesome :113:
  11. old_goat

Screw drivers are the worse to use as it can damage rims, tires, and worse yet punctured tubes.. when I were a kid... I used a flattened table spoon.. now days I just use my fingers, just pinch and pull tires off, it is faster than stumbling around looking for something to pry with..
  12. old_goat

First Ride in 50+ years: 2023 Update

That is a wonderful story Steve. I don't know how i missed it earlier..
  13. old_goat

Seat/Saddle Clamps?

Thank guys.. all things are possible
  14. old_goat

Seat/Saddle Clamps?

Thank... the seat is vintage Mesinger springer type
  15. old_goat

Seat/Saddle Clamps?

as you requested.. take a ball peen hammer and pound the indent out over a anvil ya may have to hold these with pair of pliers as they are small part or if you're all thumbs.. If needed, cut the post stop.. On some makes and models of seats, may have to file the rails a wee bit till it...
  16. old_goat

Seat/Saddle Clamps?

yeah, that's good idea.. some would use a small triangular file, and re-dress those serrations on the clamp.. But a new clamp assembly I purchased were cheaper than that file
  17. old_goat

Those big headlights

Wow.. they looks better than the ones I used to have.. the ones I used to have, were rusting, cracked or chipped lens, yellowing of reflector, one had corroded bulb socket, even some dent from falling objects.. ...., I miss those Farmall 'H' .. they were good tractors, had to sell them due to...
  18. old_goat

Those big headlights

I remember those lights on my old Farmall tractor.. they're 6 volts.. just merely a single bulb screwed in behind the glass len.. somewhat it may be hard to find.. they're about 4-1/2" diameter, tear drop shape, and got some heft.. due to abuse being used on tractor, it must withstand some...
  19. old_goat

Seat/Saddle Clamps?

sure I'll get a snapshot or two of it and post it soon..
  20. old_goat

anyone know how to add shorter cranks to a 2007 walmart sting ray?

oh okay.. ya wanted three piece unit.. Check with Pat at Sportsman Flyer.. http://sportsmanflyer.com/shop/parts/sportsman-wide-pedal-crank-assembly/
Back