Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. legburner

Electra Bicycle Pics

Here's my Rat. I've posted Picts of it before but made a few changes so here it is.... Again!!!
  2. legburner

8 speed MP

The thing is a beauty. Great job.
  3. legburner

Electra Bicycle Pics

Nice bikes. Where did you get the 80mm rims and can I use my existing hubs?
  4. legburner

Big Daddio got a face lift

Not sure what the diameter but I got it from LBS. I'd like to ditch it some day and make my own. The braided line made the bike pop a little. :shock:
  5. legburner

Electra Bicycle Pics

Thanks, the BBQ is next on the renovation list. I have some pretty cool ideas for it. As far as the shifter cable bend, I got it at my local bike shop. They should have them for you.
  6. legburner

Big Daddio got a face lift

Re: Big Daddio got a face lift AGAIN :roll: It happened again and I will blame it on my good friend HALFLINK. He just happened to ask me a month or so ago what I was going to do next to the bike. I said, "nothing, I like it just the way it is". So now she sports a redesigned tank, new...
  7. legburner

Electra Bicycle Pics

Well, I cant leave well enough alone so here you go. This bike has been upgraded and changed so many times it's ridiculous. I'm finally realizing that a new project is in order but until then enjoy my beauty. I'm proud of the recent change to the lighting system. I now have the head lights...
  8. legburner

How to best protect raw/rusty frame?

I stripped my frame down to bare metal then clear coated it. After a day or so when it dried it started to look milky. I eventually had to strip it down again and start over. I now just rub it with WD40 once in a while.
  9. legburner

Led-Sled Sidecar Project

10. legburner

Led-Sled Sidecar Project

I 3rd the tank. I know the bracket is on the down tube but u can just cut around it and it would still look great. Just do it man. :wink:
  11. legburner

b.o.b.o.b. (putting unwanted exercycles parts to good use)

I think this thing looks killer as is. It's ratty as heck and you know it'll stop people in thier tracks for a look. :shock: I like the stickers on the rear wheel the most. :D
  12. legburner

Led-Sled Sidecar Project

I get the first ride. I'll hold the beers. You think it'll support my 220 lb butt? :shock: I can just see us ridin this down the road with goggles on and our hats backwards. :D
  13. legburner

Shoe polish on bare metal?

I recently stripped mine down to bare metal and cleared it. Obviously the clear clouded on me and looked horrible. I restripped and then rubbed it with WD40 and I'm very happy. In my area its not that humid so I only need to rub it down once every couple weeks. It may not be the look your...
  14. legburner

Led-Sled Sidecar Project

I'm not sure I like it... I think you should start over! :shock: :D :shock: :D
  15. legburner

Rat Fink

I like it much better this way. Original was nice but what you've done is much nicer. Perhaps some black pin striping on the top tube would look good. Maybe even a short rear fender with striping as well. Either way it's killer... nice job.
  16. legburner

The Mini Pink Safari

My first potential mistake was not using a self etching primer. I used a flat white from rustolium and it worked ok but I think self etching would have been better. The amount of coats depends on how well the paint goes on. I also wet sand over the primer with 400. I think I put 2-3 coats of...
  17. legburner

Led-Sled Sidecar Project

The shoe brake is no joke... I know this guy and it's true. I've actually riden this bike numerous times and wore out my flip flops. :shock: Not only that I got leg cramps. :cry: All kidding aside this thing is looking amazing. After DT I get a ride, but you have to leave the beer inside...
  18. legburner

Springer vs Bent Springer

Why yes... that is a Coors LT tap shifter. The lamps are mounted with some pipe clamps with the rubber padding. Got em at the hardware store.
  19. legburner

Bicycle designer

They were good for me. Got my order pretty quick.
  20. legburner

Springer vs Bent Springer

I love the bent Springer on mine but as the previous poster said you must lock it out with all thread to prevent pedal dragging. With mine I don't pedal while turning. I kept my spring on over the all thread so it hides it.
Back