Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

custom cruiser

this was fun building and a blast to ride!
  2. H

Slow Moe/Build off 10

it started from this. rolling to the oldies. can't do much cutting and notching til I get the forks and head tube. I can go ahead and start on the sheet metal fabrication. Rough templates. Thinking about adding a little running board along the bottom tube. I can try it in cardboard and...
  3. H

anyone have a ruff cycles tango frame? Need some basic measurements.

would like measurements of the top tube, down tube, chain stay, seat stay, seat posts. This way it would give me an idea or template to work off of. I'm kind of hesitant to jump on a frame build without getting an idea of an "average" size bike to use for reference. I'd like to make it very much...
  4. H

what kind of tube to weld frames?

I realize I need the neck tube and crank tube already threaded but what about the other tubes? What kind of steel does it have to be? Can I just go to my metal supplier and get it? I'm interested in making my own frame for my next build. Any help would be great. I have mig and DC Tig. I will...
  5. H

(WBO) kiss the rings

I started with this but quickly realized the tank was too bike. I'm glad I made another one. It was my first tank so glad I did cause the second came out much better, much better. This isn't hard to do in the bead roller but the letters required patience cause one slip up and all your work is...
  6. H

and good books/tutorials/ vids on making frames?

I can see pipe benders aren't a lot at HF and it seems like something I'm interested in but can see things going horribly wrong without some good direction. Any advice appreciated.
  7. H

49ers bike/occ schwinn chopper bike

started off with some bead rolled pieces to be placed on the main frame gusset and where the rear wheel mounts. I didn't like the tiny little front fender it came with so I made my own than the tank all ready to be TIG welded up. TIG time! ready! than mig welded the bead...
  8. H

new member from Sacramento

Hi guys, this site is awesome btw. I 'm a body tech that likes metal fabrication as a hobby but I can't afford to build cars so bicycles seems like the way to go to satisfy my urge to fabricate. I'm currently working on an OCC Schwinn chopper bike that's going to be a 49ers themed bike and it's...
Back