Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Schwinn Fat tire attempt

I had mine cut from chromoly at a local spot. Measured a bit and made a vector file to send.
  2. B

Schwinn Fat tire attempt

did you measure how much you had to spread it? When I measured on the Schwinn frame 1” was needed
  3. B

Schwinn Fat tire attempt

A 26” fender on. 24x3 wouldn’t look quite right without modifying it a bit. Rack still fits like normal if you drill a hole (I did) Also I keep hearing about people spreading their 26” frames to fit a 24”x3 but have yet to actually see it. When I looked into The problem area isn’t the rear...
  4. B

Schwinn Fat tire attempt

Attaching image where you can see how I made extensions
  5. B

Schwinn Fat tire attempt

I’m running 24x3s on 70s 26” middleweight cantilever Schwinn frames. It’s not a direct fit, you’ll need to extend the rear 2-3 inches.
  6. B

ghetto coppertone rattle can job?

.... some of these are really good. finally got my 26" frame down to metal, going to try this out this weekend. that tamiya orange over copper base is pretty .... close, aye?
  7. B

onehoursepower, is that yours? would you say its close to coppertone in person?
  8. B

hi guys saw something in a thread but cant seem to find it (and searching coppertone is just confusing). Wondering if anyone remembers seeing someone using a gold base and the orange anodized paint rattle cans for a coppertone color? going to give it a shot on my own but was trying to find the...
  9. B

Pee Wee Herman X1 Replica

hey matt! I asked a few guys who have built them but cant get any solid answers. Chain guard is really well made (talked to someone who makes reproductions now). Trying to figure out why theres so many extra peices welded to this. Also, schwinn gooseneck has an allen bolt drilled directly into...
  10. B

Pee Wee Hermans Schwinn DX

hey guys sorry to bring up an old post. Recently got my hands on this (thinking it was a DX) and thought the chain guard was really funky. Didnt put together it was an x-1 CG until a friend pointed it out. Were these made available ever? really trying to figure out where this bike came from...
  11. B

Pee Wee Herman X1 Replica

zombie post! Recently purchased this DX. Noticed the REALLY weird chain guard, and all the weird mounting parts on the frame. Was this just a very well done x-1 repro? was the chainguard ever made available to the public? T
  12. B

pixie lowrider content..

picked up a $30 rusted out pixie at a fleat market. did a home made candy spray (rustoleum silver base, krylon glitter spray, anodized yellow paint, the good 2 part clear), picked up some used schwinn parts and some old stock twisted spoke 16" wheels, repuholstered the seat and were done...
Back