Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. micvin

1953 Schwinn Spitfire

I have this 1953 20" Scwhinn Spitfire (I believe that's what it is from Serial number and headbadge) that came in a bundle buy I purchased a few months ago. I'm trying to clear out some of my bikes, especially my "child" bikes, but I may keep this one IF I think I can restore it. It's really in...
  2. micvin

Where to buy cheap tires?

I know RRB sponsors, but I am looking for places online that have he cheapest 24x1.75-2.25 tires. White walls or even colored tires. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been searching Amazon, eBay, ClydeJames and just browsing on the net and just can't seem to find too many places with prices I...
  3. micvin

BO15 La Licorne

Hello, This will be my first RRB Build Off entry and hope I actually complete it. haha. This will be a gift to our family friend's daughter. She just turned 8 and really has never owned a bike before. I'll also be restoring another boys bike that is not a vintage cruiser for her twin brother...
  4. micvin

1964 Scwhinn ladies bike....what model?

I am in the process of restoring this bike for my uncle as a Valentine's surprise for his wife. The serial number is D444665 so I know the year is 1964, but not sure on the model. I just realized that the upper bar has some tabs on the bottom of it which I am guessing is for a slimline tank. Can...
  5. micvin

TPP '68 Schwinn Twinn (2nd build)

Well, I have another build HERE, but I bought a Schwinn Tandem bike and my wife wants it redone for our Vintage Rental business as an item to be rented out for photo shoots, weddings and events so it will hopefully be ready in 1-2 weeks since it took precedent to my other build, which really...
  6. micvin

$50 CL finds

Paid $50 for both and I am stoked! I love finding gems like these for so cheap. Cheap to me at least. lol. Pic extensive... BF Goodrich Sabre: Huffy Silver Jet: When I got them in my possession:
  7. micvin

Dear Darlin' Donna

Well, this will be my first time involved in the RRBBO and pretty much my first build ever. We'll see how far I get and how far of a competition I am with all the talented people on here. I first introduced a pair of Huffy his and her Good Vibration bikes that I found at a flea market, HERE. My...
  8. micvin

Keeping em ratty

So, a couple of weeks ago my wife and I were heading to her Dad's house when I spotted a pair of Huffy Cool Vibration cruisers at small resale shop having an outdoor sale. I went back to see how much and got them both for $40. I haven't really checked how old they are. Probably not old at all...
  9. micvin

Hello from Houston

Well, Spring, TX to be exact, which is about 30 miles north of downtown Houston. I kind of wish I didn't find this site because I'm sure it will be addicting as I am digging a lot of the bikes on here and aspire to build one soon. My addiction of buying cheap vintage bikes was because my wife...
Back