Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sking1973

'62 Schwinn Hornet Fork Swap

I got a wild hair and decided to swap the forks on my '62 Hornet to a set of Rock Shox (sp) from an old Diamond Back mountain bike I had laying around. They actually fit, which surprised me. My issues arose when I went for a test ride. It seems to pull one way then the other. Could the fork swap...
  2. sking1973

Crazy Home-built Motorbike Deathride

Ran across this at a local flea market over the weekend. No real details about it. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.
  3. sking1973

16" Junior Convertible Cruiser

Hey! My 3 year old Daughter and I have been working on this little bike off and on for a couple of months. It's a Concord Casper convertible bicycle that a buddy picked up and I traded some bike work for. Unfortunately, I didn't take any before picks. It was originally red with a faded red...
  4. sking1973

Three piece crank removal

I have a 16" kids bike that I am starting to work on for my 3 year old to ride next spring. It has a three piece crank and I am unfamiliar with removing the crank arms. Anyone able to give me some general advice to remove them?
  5. sking1973

School Daze

6. sking1973

Front Hub Problem

Got a problem with the front hub on my wife's bicycle. Whenever we go out and ride, the axle and bearings gradually become loose. I've had the wheel off, tightened the bearing nuts down, put the wheel back on, and TIGHTENED the axle nuts. It still loosens. It's the weirdest thing and I've...
  7. sking1973

Connecticut Shops

Going to be in the Danbury, CT area this weekend and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some shops.
  8. sking1973

Huffy Buckaroo

A guy I know showed up at our garage sale this weekend. We started talking about what bikes we had found lately. Long story short, he had picked up a Huffy Buckaroo (the first bike I had as a kid) at a local flea market. It became mine in short order. Me in '78 or '79.
  9. sking1973

Flip Flop how-to

I have a buddy who's moving to a larger city and wants to build a bike with a flip/flop hub on it. He's enlisted my help. I was just wondering if it's possible to build one or if we'll have to buy. He's working with a low budget so...well...you get the picture.
  10. sking1973

Missing Horn Button

I have a Schwinn Hornet I'm working on (you may have seen my build posts http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21077). Here's my new problem, my tank is missing the horn, so it has a hole in it where the button would be. I really don't care if I have a horn, but would like to...
  11. sking1973

Stuck stem wedge

I was given a bicycle already disassembled last week. I got all the parts cleaned and was proceeding to assemble the forks and handlebars when I realized the stem wedge was missing. Well, it turns out the previous owner broke the stem bolt off leaving the wedge stuck in there. Right now I've...
  12. sking1973

'61 Hornet (In Search of a wheel)

Hey All! This one was used as a factory bike at one time. Right now my plan is to basically just do a thorough clean-up and grease, strip the fenders (since they don't match), and change out the wheelset and tires. Here's the bike before disassembly Stripped to the bones Bits and pieces...
  13. sking1973

Hornet

Picked this up FOR FREE this evening. It's been completely torn apart, but appears to have all the pieces to rebuild it in this form. If I'm reading the serial correctly it's a November '61 bike. It was used for many years by a factory worker to get around the plant. I'm pumped that the tank...
  14. sking1973

1980(?) Made In USA Good Vibrations

So I work for a local TV station and ouor station's web site has a visual classifeds page that I watch for bicycles on. This bike came up Thursday and I promptly e-mailed the seller and snatched it up for 25 bucks. I cleaned all the chrome, greased it up, and washed and waxed the paint today...
  15. sking1973

Found Magazine Find

This pic was Found Magazine's (http://www.foundmagazine.com) find of the day on August 29th. What a lucky little camper!
  16. sking1973

Nirve at Target

Someone may have pointed this out already, but I was looking at bikes on Target.com and found that they are carrying Nirve bicycles. 48 models to be exact. Cool stuff. http://www.target.com/gp/search/178-045 ... ords=nirve
  17. sking1973

X1

A friend forwarded this article to me about Pee Wee's X1... http://austin.decider.com/articles/deci ... erm,28326/ Pretty cool stuff.
  18. sking1973

Ouch...

I broke my forks and my head (not really me...thankfully) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmaZIr-yv0
  19. sking1973

FREE Western Flyer

My Uncle dropped this off to me this evening. He's had it about 20 years and doesn't have much opportunity to ride it anymore. He figured I would appreciate it so he brought it to live at me house. I'm not sure what my plans are for it now, but they are a swirlin' in my head.
  20. sking1973

Schwinn Trike

I picked this up for my Daughter (now 16 days old) a couple of months ago. I want to have a Schwinn ready for her when she is big enough to be on wheels. This one is waxed up and ready to ride.
Back