Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Bunbury

Sand Blaster

On top with the door open? You can do it, as long as you don't mind getting blasting medium in every orifice on your body. :D
  2. Bunbury

Un flippin' believable.

I'm speechless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa55PUwo00E
  3. Bunbury

Two wheel drive Schwinn

I spotted this rig at the flea market this morning, it's a Schwinn Sierra outfitted with a 2wd system and a 2 wheel resistance training stand. It had a nice pair of Sturmey drum brake hubs that caught my eye, and might have been worth haggling for. The seller was evasive about the price, which...
  4. Bunbury

Why I love estate sales

I stopped at an estate sale during my Saturday morning garage sale cruise and found some nice goodies. No bikes to be found, but I thought this aluminum box would look good on the rear rack of one of my bikes and it was full of stuff, so I forked over $5.00 for it. One of the guys running the...
  5. Bunbury

Haro 24" BMX cruiser

I've finally got around to repainting a BMX cruiser that I picked up a while back. The paint scheme was inspired by this old cruiser that was posted here (I forget whose bike this is :oops: ) I used satin finish in navy and black, the original paint was yellow and in bad shape. I added the...
  6. Bunbury

Schwinn Voyageur 11.8

After an unsuccessful flea market run, I found an early-eighties Schwinn Voyageur 11.8 at a yard sale for $15. It's a beautiful lightweight bike with double-butted chromoly tubing, nice lugs, and fully chromed under the paint. A tad small for me, but it went to a friend who wants to build it as...
  7. Bunbury

Oldie up for auction

I spotted an old gem tonight while coming through the auctions at publicsurplus.com. Might be interesting to the Houston area people. Mmm, chock full of skiptooth goodness, act now and you'll also receive two steaming piles of China's finest.
  8. Bunbury

Recent yard sale finds - low-end BMX

This Rampar is probably from the late 70's. Sugino crank is stamped "Sugino 178," which might suggest the date... Lester alloy mags are really heavy, like a flywheel - I put the bike on the stand and started the front wheel spinning, and noticed that it was still going several minutes later...
  9. Bunbury

Hello from South Florida

Hi there, I've been lurking on the forum for several months and admiring your cool bikes, and I wanted to get in on the action. I recently moved to a bike-friendly neighborhood in Broward County Florida, so I've pulled the bikes out of storage and started wrenching & riding. My stable...
Back