Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. smudgery

The Mothership AKA '08 kiddie krate

Mothership ready for blast off if not so very pretty just yet....she's finished for now but will get some surface finishing at a later stage...... "Space Cowboys" Mission Accomplished (more or less) and yes that is a handbag on my handlebars and no it's not mine...
  2. smudgery

The Mothership AKA '08 Kiddie "Space" Crate

This is something I dreamt up a year ago ( in '08 )and have been steadily gathering the bits and generally figuring out how to make it since.It's not offically a bike though.It's a bit of imaginative child transport for behind,so I'll understand when people say it doesn't really count,but the...
  3. smudgery

Scraped 8

This is an Electra Straight 8 stripped.......a "Scraped 8" Well at least what it would look like without paint and polished up.I was thinkin of stripping mine and doing this so I asked my brother to do this with a foto first so I could see what it was like.I'm glad I didn't do it........
  4. smudgery

Wheel Sizes

I am about to ask probably the stupidest question ever,but I need to be put straight here. I need a set of wheels for some 24x3 Fatti-O's I picked up second hand,so what size are the wheels for these tyres? 20 inch or 24 inch?
  5. smudgery

Home made mudguards/fenders

Here's how I made a mudguard/fender from fibreglass. You could use another fender as a mould but thats too easy. I made my own mould from mdf and varying widths of 4mm thick plywood strips.I cut the mdf to a radius a bit smaller than the wheel with the tyre.Then laid the first 80mm wide strip of...
  6. smudgery

Am I the first Irishman?

Hi I'm Niall I'm Irish and live in Holland therefore I need a bicycle.I saw the electra site and liked the straight 8 straight away.I waited a year to see if I still liked it and I did so I bought one.I use it every day to take my son to school,all the kids love it.One of them asked me if it...
Back