Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SkyknightJohn

Anybody sniffing BO 19 in the air?

Just when I think I need a little inspiration... @Captain Awesome to the rescue! :D:cool:
  2. SkyknightJohn

As a frequent recumbent rider, I’m intrigued. 😎
  3. SkyknightJohn

I really went all out on Boone-Doggle for the SWBO, but I don’t like to sit on the sidelines, especially during the main BO. (Watching just makes me want to build something.) Whether a scratch-build, revamp, or find something new-to-me, I’ll probably be in. 👍🏼
  4. SkyknightJohn

ORBO Voting results

Nicely done all!
  5. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 Voting results

High-Fives all around!
  6. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 Boone-Doggle

Seems like it’s the B pivot adjuster, maybe. Some documentation online talks about using it to adjust the jockey wheel to 10mm from the cluster. Maybe I had it wrong? Maybe just bad luck. Looking at the part the metal grain structure is very coarse. Reminds me of what my dad used to call “pot...
  7. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 Boone-Doggle

Well, it WAS working well… … but yesterday this bolt hole just broke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I was riding on the street, not particularly hard. I’m not sure what to call it exactly. It’s not the H/L limits. It adjusts the position of the drailleur and without it in place the jockey wheel contacts the...
  8. SkyknightJohn

ORBO Crusty

Nicely done!
  9. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 Vertigo Granny

Awesome transformation! Sweet looking ride. 😎
  10. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 Boone-Doggle

Thanks for all the comments/kudos. Been offline a bit for… reasons, but I’ve really been enjoying this bike. Fits like it was built for me (duh! 🤣) and was a wonderful learning experience.
  11. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 Boone-Doggle

@The Renaissance Man No, I didn't take issue, I was just trying to be punny about The Big Lewbowski and opinions and how we all have different tastes and such. i.e. some like rust, some like shiny, some like both depending on the build. <edit> also, I thought you were saying black grips or...
  12. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 Boone-Doggle

Thanks @The Renaissance Man, from you the praise is appreciated. And critique. I just imagine the grips are like a carpet, tying the room together. Or art’s rule of threes, except there are two tires, so fours. Or it balances it all out optically. Or like, that’s just my opinion, man, and that’s...
  13. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 Boone-Doggle

Or Primary photo cropped: ??
  14. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 Boone-Doggle

Boone-Doggle Build Thread This is a custom built frame from a class I took at BREW Bikes in Boone, NC, from Steve Garns. https://www.brewracingframes.com/ He has a long history of building bikes, is on the Old School side of things, has done a lot with motorcycles, too, and was a pleasure to...
  15. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 Boone-Doggle

Applied some decals and took a nice 11 mile ride today. Snapped a few more pics. Still prefer the first batch, but we'll see. More days and rides to come, so who knows what will end up looking the part.
  16. SkyknightJohn

ORBO FYA - Functional Yard Art

Just park it in the flower bed after the ride and it’s home! Nice work!
  17. SkyknightJohn

SWB0 U-Haul Core-Line

Very well done! 👍🏼
  18. SkyknightJohn

Zombie Resurrection - speedbuild - slowed back to normal speed..

Officially, I'm putting the kabosch on this one. It was a good, fun thing to do to kill time and practice while the other half was away just before the holidays, but, after taking the frame class in Jan-Feb, and considering what I learned, the issues I had with this frame, some inside knowledge...
Back