Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

Still enjoying this bike. But upgraded the squareback to a '62 single cab.
  2. lowindo

*1955 Huffy radiobike*

Here is my coke sign as I found it. And the exact same sign in mint condition You can see how the original layer faded off and what was hiding under that top layer is now left. Its very odd but it does happen. Hope this clears up things a little bit.
  3. lowindo

*1955 Huffy radiobike*

After looking closer I would say that is exactly what is going on with it. Either by sun or buffing the top layer of paint is gone. How they applied the decals is first the tank is painted green. Then the white is painted on and finally the red is painted on. So anything that was originally red...
  4. lowindo

*1955 Huffy radiobike*

I gotcha. I fabbed one up enough to get it into the switch without damaging it, but it doesn't turn. Any recent pics of the bike? Ever get new tires or grips? Did you get anymore info on the paint scheme of the tank? It almost looks like the top layer of original paint for the dials faded off...
  5. lowindo

*1955 Huffy radiobike*

Sweet bike. Did yours come with a set of keys? Apparently they all use the same key. I've been looking for a picture of one to get one cut.
  6. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

You messed up big time passing that by. In the last three years I've seen two nice examples bid out and sell for $3800 & $4400 So sorry for your loss.
  7. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

Old Bike Update: Finally the OG radio has been "Found" Ahhh a sigh of relief. Now I need the missing matching power pack! And the pictures... The 2nd person to see it offered me $600 :D. But I ain't sellin'. What do yall think of my bike? Would you hit that? Your comments and...
  8. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

yes, and yes but i'm not an old bike pro so you'll have to really explain which measurements you want but i can do it no problem.
  9. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

I know i get asked at gas stations all the time when are you gonna paint that thing. I'm always like never then they get a puzzled look on there face and i have to explain. Anyone can paint it whatever color they want, but it takes 40 years to look the way it does now.
  10. lowindo

26" Bmx cantilever bike

From the late 60s - early 80s uhaul rented everything, from campers and lawn mowers, to wind surfing boards, sailboats, chainsaws and even bikes. The serial number is usually a 4 digit marketing company code with a 2 letters usually an anagram could be Road Master or something i'm not sure...
  11. lowindo

Show us them cars!

and here is a link to a video i made for the car. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A71FCA46-48BA-40A2-A4FA-1FEB3C499D60.htm bike is '55 Huffy Radio Bike and car is an automatic '69 vw squareback
  12. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

yeah i didn't win it. bummer. I didn't really have the money right now, i've been buying other old rusty things. but .... that tank would of looked good. I mainly didn't actively pursue it because it was missing the guts and knobs. I'll get the next one. Thanks for posting the links tho...
  13. lowindo

The Baby Deluxe

It looked loads better before you decided to shake that rattle can. .... that patina'd blue was cool looking. Nice primerd bike, i guess. It used to be original.
  14. lowindo

Made my own indian from a girls huffy...

very nice kombi. Is it a 1960? narrowed beam with 3" white walls looks ....... any more pics or links for the bus would be cool.
  15. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

very old paint = patina original paint = patina old metal = patina It is very hard to make patina. And faux patina is often looked down upon. Its best just to get out drive the backroads and find your own barn find with original patina intact. My grandparents are from poland, my last name...
  16. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

very nice patina. I am very much into slammed old patina'd vws. From there it was a hop, skip, and a jump, to vintage bikes.
  17. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

Here is a link to tons of photos on the car http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=lowindo Here is a link to a video that me and my buddy made of the car. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A71FCA46-48BA-40A2-A4FA-1FEB3C499D60.htm It is a 6" narrowed beam on the dub...
  18. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

Recent pics. Taken yesterday. added some ratfink valve stem caps, can't really see them tho. '69 squareback is also mine.
  19. lowindo

My old Huffy Radio Bike

according to the serial number the bike is a 1955 year model.
  20. lowindo

SWEET SCORE!

original paint and pressed bumpers to boot. and the bikes are cool too! .....
Back