Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Maniac57

'37 Elfman Streamline Deluxe

As a welder, I had fun watching you learn about all that heat. Grinding everything smooth rather than bondo is worthy of the extra labor and your beautiful finished bike reflects all that work. Awesome build for ANYONE, much less a first time scratchbuilder! You have earned the attention and kudos!
  2. Maniac57

Need Coaster Brake Advice

Personally, I'd simply pack the crap out of it with some good white lithium grease. This should quiet it down
  3. Maniac57

Okay guys, you have nailed every one so far....

Are you by any chance familiar with a certain green Sears bicycle frame? If so. I'm the painter who has it....
  4. Maniac57

Yeah. I'm mostly annoyed he screwed me out of a bunch of stuff AFTER the work was done. You are 100% correct in the fact we are .... lucky to get a chance like this at all. FAR too many developers these days would have simply sold it off at scrap prices with no regard for the history
  5. Maniac57

I have 6. Intruders are eaten quickly. (two chihuahua's)
  6. Maniac57

I agree. There was untold thousands of dollars in original vintage bikes left to rot under the Memphis sun. God only knows what was REALLY here when the doors were finally cracked... That Aussie was a slimy ....... and knew FAR too much about his bikes for my liking.
  7. Maniac57

I'm waiting for some of them to start showing up online and out west... Patina and history like this was not sold cheap and WILL show up eventually. I fully expect this shop finally opening up will substantially change the market for old bikes. Especially pre war skiptooth stuff, which is what...
  8. Maniac57

I still have more stuff waiting for love too.... Here's some pics of the shop as I found it: This pic shows the fraction left of original roof high pile after 5 containers removed: Pile was originally covering all floor area and 15ft high or more.
  9. Maniac57

Kind of...I got in to Memphis Bicycle Co. after the store was closed after last owner died. Literally TONS of vintage bikes piled out back from5 decades as a bike shop.... I did some painting for new owner and got a couple truckloads of goodies for my trouble. Unfortunately, the guy pried off...
  10. Maniac57

I'm thinking another Columbia built? But no idea about badging... anyone recognize the shape of the headbadging?
  11. Maniac57

This should be easy (I think) And finally, there seems to be the remains of a headbadge sticker or label under god knows how many paintjobs...
  12. Maniac57

Yet another unknown from Mempis Bicycle score

Look what I just happen to also have out back...two different bikes but a full set of Westfield!
  13. Maniac57

Video walk around of unknown Skiptooth. Help!!

Those cranks and sprocket look identical! I think you nailed it.
  14. Maniac57

Excellent! I grew up in Elgin Ill. so it's quite cool!
  15. Maniac57

Looks like you are correct with regards to seatpost group. Thank you! Can't find much on Westfield though...
  16. Maniac57

Any idea what years I should be looking at?
  17. Maniac57

No idea of make, year or anything on this one. Grabbed it for the sweet curved seatpost.
  18. Maniac57

No idea year or maker. Love the strange seatpost junction design... Anyone here have any idea who built this?
Back