Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

Late 80's schwinn kick stand?

Doing a resto-mod on This schwinn. Far as I can tell it's about a 1988, Japanese built cantilever cruiser. Anyone know which kick stand this frame takes? Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
  2. P

Some bits from a basement clean out

Hey folks! Recently, a freind of mine saw my Motorized bike in my social media feed and asked me about it because the house he moved into had one sitting in the corner of the basement. I told him to drop in on over and I would take a look at it. That was a few months ago.. So, last week, his...
  3. P

After market frame mounted stick shift?

Hey folks! So yeah, those frame mounted 3 and five speed shift sticks on the muscle bikes? Does anyone make reproductions of the things? My Google-fu is weak in searching. If not... are there any guides out there for a DIY fabrication? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  4. P

Ladies Raleigh capri and other dumpster finds.

Picked this girl out of the trash. Besides the neglect, appears to be in reasonable condition. At first I was considering just stripping it for parts, but now I'm sorta inclined to tuning her up and doing a kind of town and country conversion by changing out the handlebars for a set of North...
  5. P

This old pepper mill

Alright folks... so, I found this old peugot uo-8 rusting away in the breweries storage warehouse. Turns out it belonged to our fearless leader and had no use for it. So it came home with me. As you can see.. it was kinda converted into a European city commuter style. The front derailleur...
  6. P

Early 70's puegot city bike

I found this old diamond frame molder in in the brewery warehouse. My initial hunting and pecking tells me that it was made sometime between 1970, and 1976, so me and the bike have that much in common [emoji1] In any case, I'm just looking for some general info from folks that know about...
  7. P

Flux wire welding

Hey folks. While I'm fairly proficient at soldering for electronic components, and I'm fairly decent at mechanical work in general, I've never done any actual welding. I do want to learn however My main question here is that harbor freight sells a Flux wire welder system for around $100 and...
  8. P

Holland look?

Hey folks! I picked up this mystery bike back in 2004 from an antique store the ex worked at. I couldn't find anything out about it back then and I recently started to mess around with it again. Most I can make out it, it is german built, if the stamp on the bottom bracket is anything to go by...
  9. P

New guy from Richmond VA

Greetings from the Mid Atlantic! I'm a brewer by trade with a background in engineering. I've always loved bikes and turning wrenches and have managed to collect a pile of old bikes over the years. Recent health issues got me back up on two wheels and after putting a couple bikes and a trike...
Back