Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Hogleg44

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Awwwww Shux! :grin:
  2. Hogleg44

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Me on my very first bicycle. !944. My mother Tinted this photo with special oils used for photograph colorizing.
  3. Hogleg44

How old are you!!

Born March 12, 1936 You can do the math..... Still ride daily! 19 miles this morning on my 1959 Schwinn Jaguar....
  4. Hogleg44

old paint and lead

Same here and I have 7 years up on you. "If you wanna be tough and healthy, you gotta eat a little dirt" My take on most of this. I rode my bicycle over 16 miles this morning, as I do every rideable morning, in a bit more than an hour, and barely broke a sweat. So all of the asbestos, lead and...
  5. Hogleg44

1998 Mercedes Benz AMP bicycle

The AMP Research is one great Bike!!! I have owned an AMP B-4 since I bought it new in 1994. Not a Mercedes bike though. Not painted. All aluminum, color-wise, but a ..... to keep clean!!! I rode around 17 miles on it just this morning. I have likely put 18 to 20 thousand miles on it over the...
  6. Hogleg44

How often do you ride?

Every rideable day of the year, I ride one of my bikes around 25+ miles on local little traveled neighborhood streets and city trails. I'm 85, and except for yard work, my bicycles are my only means of daily workout. I'm religious on exercise. Use It or Loose It!!! I do ride around sunrise...
  7. Hogleg44

Monark Silver King

Those are excellent riding frames! I have 3 built up that I ride every week. I have 26” balloon wheels on all 3 and have bobbed fenders on 1 of them. I love those bikes!
  8. Hogleg44

Faux patina?

When the right time comes...Take a rag and wipe on some clear shellac. That will give it a bit of an uneven brownish tone.
  9. Hogleg44

How do you clean aluminum rims?

Best I’ve found is just elbow grease and a good aluminum cleaner like Mother’s or Semichrome. Jay Leno sells a good metal cleaner at his “ Garage” store.
  10. Hogleg44

SOLD 1936 Elgin Frame and Fork

That frame and fork are about identical to a bike I had in the 1940's. So my plans are to eventually try and duplicate that old ride. In my profile pic. the second kid is me on that bike!
  11. Hogleg44

SOLD 1936 Elgin Frame and Fork

CS sent.
  12. Hogleg44

Aluminum Silver king pre war sale including wingbar, 5 bikes, Minnesota

PM sent, I think???? New here and not used to how this software works!
Back