Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. texasbigjon

Thank You Santa!

its amazing how Santa can always know what you want for xmas! almost like he lives inside your head or something. I woke up this morning and there was this neato bike in my living room. it was just how I imagined it...not flashy,but a nicely restrained custom cruiser with gears. took it for a...
  2. texasbigjon

*** JANKY ***

I had not planned to be in the show this year,but when I slid that 80mm 2spd wheel into the back of the Evans frame,i knew I had to throw something together. kept it real simple and went a much rattier route than I normally would. the finished bike wears its scars and flaws with pride!:thumbsup:
  3. texasbigjon

JANKY (7/29- a pair of hero shots!!)

is there room for one more?:) I thought I was done with the buildoffs until I stumbled upon this combination. an 80mm wheel stuffed into the back of an old evans frame....with NO modifications to the frame whatsoever! this will be a lowbrow build,so its just wiping the dust off the parts and...
  4. texasbigjon

Mucho Porucho- (6/22- 95% finished.....finally!)

I love my old vintage bikes,but every once in awhile I feel the need to build a custom. so thanks to forum member MIGZ, I got a great deal on one of the new Ruff Poruchco frames. first off these frames are HUGE! I cant wait to have a more comfortable riding machine. I took a few pics of the...
  5. texasbigjon

(WBO) SINISTER URGE 3/31 bonus pic of the suede bros!!

Im gonna build up a nice fat curvy tanker using the core of a `53 Shelby I bought from yeshoney. ive also got a Shelby springer from A.S.Boltnut and the wheels originally came from member tanksalot,before I gave them a thorough freshening up and a nexus 3spd. it will be finished in black and...
  6. texasbigjon

TRAMP STAMP

another sweaty summer of bike fun! this year I wanted to build a bike that looked like it was built in 1964 not 2014. something that reminded me of cheesy early 60`s show cars. lets all meet back here next year,ok?:)
  7. texasbigjon

TRAMP STAMP (7/30) 6 years,6 bikes,6 pics!!!

this years bike will live up to its name.....it will be flashy,trashy and cheap! im gonna go with a `38-39 elgin frame/Schwinn springer combination with all vintage parts,and leave it a single speed. im a little worried about whats under the spray canned frame, so im going to strip it down next...
  8. texasbigjon

PSYCHOTIC REACTION

this years goal was to keep the bike minimal with more gears and a comfortable riding position. the last 2 yrs I went with mostly all vintage parts, this year I mixed it up a little more. enough boring talk...on to the pics! :lol:
  9. texasbigjon

texasbigjon`s bike-o-rama gallery (update #4-`41 Hawthorne)12/7

I haven't done a bicycle round-up for about 3 yrs,so I thought I would put together one of these nifty threads.the pics are standard garage door mugshots,but at least it was sunny today. :lol: first up is a pair of jc Higgins,one a former buildoff bike that's had a makeover,and one led sled...
  10. texasbigjon

PSYCHOTIC REACTION (7/23-back-n-black)

okay, here we go again for the 5th time! :D this year im going for a lighter bike with more gears. I like the way last years bike turned out,but with all that metal it ended up really heavy. this time around we are going stripped down, alloy wheels and a 7spd. im going to hang everything on a...
  11. texasbigjon

Finally.....an Uncle Stretch frame!

4 years of subtle hints and patience, and i finally have one of uncle stretch`s custom frames! :mrgreen: i love old bikes, but the chance to build another stretched out custom to park next to my firebike,is just what i need to stay creative. threw an 80mm wheel set up on it,and it looks like...
  12. texasbigjon

.................gator bait................(11-7)

(this is a little project that im putting together over on bighits ugv website.the class is called "run whatcha brung", and it pretty much eliminates painting,plating etc. perfect for bolting together a patina style build. im also using this as an excuse to build a bike just for the photo...
  13. texasbigjon

FULL TILT BOOGIE

another year,another fun buildoff! :D viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56424&start=0
  14. texasbigjon

FULL TILT BOOGIE (7/31-driveway detail pics!)

its that time again! :D this years buildoff bike will be based on a curvy roadmaster frame/rollfast springer combo. gonna keep it simple like the last three,lotsa vintage parts and im going back to some gears this year. oh yeah....i almost forgot...my build thread will be just as boring as the...
  15. texasbigjon

TEXAS ROAD MASSACRE

it was a nice sunny day today,so i thought id go for a ride and take some finished pics of my pieced together roadmaster project. the background is an old twin pump corner gas station from the 30`s or 40`s. ive been wanting to use that spot for pictures for awhile, and this bike looks right at...
  16. texasbigjon

bobbers and firetrucks!

17. texasbigjon

bizarre bicycle safety film

dont know if anyone has posted this one before or not. its from 1963,and even has a few early muscle bikes in it, but the overall theme is hillarious! :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQgAMkMmsfg
  18. texasbigjon

*** TEXAS ROADMASSACRE ***

well, the 5 month heatwave seems to have ended so i guess its time to get busy again. ive had some parts set aside for this roadmaster frame, so i started piecing it together last week. these kinds of pieced together builds are my favorite to do. :D parts wise, the roadmaster frame came from...
  19. texasbigjon

*** MAXXIMUM FLOW ***

out of the last three buildoffs ive done, this one has been the most stressfull! :lol: :lol: that 5 week nap i took ,left me with 20 days to get it done. plus...ive never attempted a "pretty" paint job before. i tried to use more vintage parts/less technology than i did with the widowmaker,and...
Back