Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. skoda

Dragster Bike 1969 Popular Mechanics

http://boingboing.net/2012/12/13/dragster-bike-of-1969.html
  2. skoda

Leperachaumit

This one slipped through the cracks of the Kansas City Craigslist today for a measly sum. Seems like the kickback is functioning - which is all I wanted off of it! Looks like a can of Krylon exploded on it. :?
  3. skoda

Don't be Jealous

Sometimes you bring something home - then really have to ask yourself - WHY?! :? :roll: I think I'll try to get it riding without replacing any parts, soak the chain, try air up the tires and see if I can meet my out of pocket maximum on my insurance for the year. Either that or chain it up...
  4. skoda

Maroon Hawthorne - Cleaning Up Nice! -1939 Snyder Built

This: to Still needs a truss rod bracket and some mechanical overhaul, but I'm really happy with how it's coming along.
  5. skoda

Petty Cash

2002 ish Redline Petty Cash. Gotta love "big trash" pickup time. Lots of goodies on this one.
  6. skoda

Gary Fisher Simple City

A friend bought a farmhouse on a gravel road and decided she couldn't use this anymore. I was glad to take it! :D
  7. skoda

1939 Hawthorne Comet #3 - El Torreon

Second year in a row bringing this model home, brings me up to 3 total in my collection. 1939 Hawtorne Comet. Kansas City must have had a lot of these rolling around! This is the fourth one I have owned. Going to borrow the truss rod bracket for a nicer bike while I work this one over...
  8. skoda

Drying Up

Is it just me, or is it REALLY hard to find bikes this year? I hit it pretty hard this weekend and came up with nothing (worth grabbing - at all) This whole past year or so has been slim. Maybe I just need to convince myself I am not looking anymore and they'll start showing up. Haven't seen...
  9. skoda

Ascot Flyer and Steyr Clubman

Raliegh Built Western Flyer "Ascot Flyer" and Steyr Clubman - today's new acquisitions. After a super quick wash /de-grease, rubbing coumpound and SOS pad test run.
  10. skoda

Oxy Acy tanks

Pulled these out of my grandfather in-laws shop when we cleaned it out, have no idea when the last time they were checked was? Do I have boat anchors or are these worth something to someone? Any advice?
  11. skoda

3 PC Bottom Bracket Adapter?

I am planning to put 170mm Super Maxy cranks on my Cruiser 5, but not sure they will clear the chainstays. Has anyone put 3 pc cranks on a Schwinn balloner? If so, which adapter did you use? I am planning to use the cheap Sunlite brand sold on bikeworldusa for about $20. Anyone else used...
  12. skoda

Coppertone Varsity - My First Bike

When I was about 12, my bike broke so my dad gave me his college bike, a 65 Coppertone Varsity, which at the time I thought was a horrible thing. A few years ago, he asked me if I wanted it - and even though I was into bikes at the time, I passed on it just because I didn't have the room and...
  13. skoda

Memory Lane - Catalog

I had never used Memory Lane until this past Christmas. The order came with one of their actual catalogs. Much more stuff in there than on their website including stuff like hub adjusters, Morrow and ND axle bolts and parts, individual links for skip-tooth chains, grips, signs, lots more bars...
  14. skoda

Green Camelback

This started as a Varsity 10 speed with drop bars. Pair of Columbia Supreme repop balloon tires, a white KMC chain, Star Sprocket and bow pedals later.... Rear hub needed extra bolts to push the chainstays out and the chain is a little slacky becayse the wheel has to stay all of the way...
  15. skoda

1987 Mongoose Decade

Had a taker on my offer to trade one of my bikes for a BMX. Traded my Coast King Puma 3 aka Ross Barracuda for this bike. Needs a front brake, some cables and correct tires and brake levers, but I felt pretty good about it!
  16. skoda

Taiwan Cruiser 5

Picked this bike up about a year ago, it didn't even make it into the house before it lost the ultra ugly stock seat and foam handlebar wrap. Swapped the tinny little stem out for an old school BMX Sugino and have been riding it ever since. Planning to spice it up a little more as I really...
  17. skoda

HO Trains

Got these from my grandfather in-law - trying to decide whether or not to put them 'round the tree this year or sell. Anybody know if any of these are worth anything? I saw the blue locomotive and tender sold for $46 on ebay recently.
  18. skoda

1941 Firestone Cruiser - Colson Bullnose

Thanks to backpedaler for sending me the sprocket and crank assembly. Getting underway! viewtopic.php?f=16&t=46170
  19. skoda

Colson Bullnose / Firestone Super Cruiser

I got this frame and fork around 2006, when I got into old bikes and piece by piece have got more parts from a buddy (that I got the frame from). He cannibalized most of it to build a boy's Colson years ago, never had the tank - but being my favorite bikes, I have hung on to it and have tried...
  20. skoda

Polar Bear

Got this one a while back from rustymotors. Been getting rid of a ton of bikes, not this one, yet. :wink: Some sort of Bavarian bike. Has Continental balloon tires.
Back