Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. reverendrally

SwingMX from down under - with test ride vid!

ok, so just went for another ride. dang it. those pedals are just too low. gonna have to to raise them somehow. not looking forward to unpicking all my welding. :(
  2. reverendrally

I think some ape hangers would def help in the mono department. the seat seems fine though.
  3. reverendrally

just tried it without the spring and it wasn't as bad as I thought by a long shot. must be just used to riding it.
  4. reverendrally

mmm, now that I think about it.... I had no proper seat on the bike and it was the first time I'd ridden it when I saw the need for the spring. Now that I've ridden it some more it might be better. Have to try it again once I fix the front flat (stupid chainstore innertube).
  5. reverendrally

Schwinn Exerciser Stretch.

Re: Schwinn Excercisor Stretch. fantastic. love the whole look. how did you go in the race?
  6. reverendrally

Re: SwingMX from down under Got heaps done today. Love monday arvos. picked up some more wheel nuts, shortened and installed the new chain, and put it all together. Figured I could ride it without a seat if I sat on the square BMX gooseneck. Let's say it was almost lethal. For a few reasons...
  7. reverendrally

cleaning up rusty chrome rims?

where would I find that? remember I'm down under
  8. reverendrally

how hard is it to relace the spokes though? I was thinking I'd paint the rims but the relace just sounded a bit much.
  9. reverendrally

got some old BMX rims I want to clean up. was tempted to paint them but it's all too much hard work. what do I use? steel wool? WD40? what method, etc?
  10. reverendrally

Show us them cars!

the buses belong to my brother and one of his mates. My bro's the is the desert sand coloured panel. The last bike I built went on show with it and his mate's bus at the VW nationals last year. Both are 67 panels. Here are some pics...
  11. reverendrally

Re: SwingMX from down under btw, any comments on what sort of seat to get would be welcomed.
  12. reverendrally

Show us them cars!

Some great rides on here... and I mean the cars too. With all the dub-freaks, I thought y'all might enjoy this... My 1960 J&S buggy. Got an EJ25 subaru, bus box, more mods than I've had hot meals and I drive it properly. Offroad, onroad, dirt gymkhanas. Lots of fun even if it has been a big...
  13. reverendrally

Re: SwingMX from down under well, after some welding... some good, some werl... lets just say the good stuff is hidden :( anyhow, the rear carrier is all together and so I put the whole bike together to see what it was like. I lost the chain somewhere, and there is no seat, but you get the...
  14. reverendrally

starting a new one

please tell me you're not gonna try and put that billet wheel and tyre on it?! :shock: ...just kidding. :lol: I'm with the others, clean, polish and wax. 8)
  15. reverendrally

RAT ROD

just a quick chime in... I'm from Sydney, Australia and I too am a Christian. In fact I work full time planting a new church in a new housing development. http://www.ropescrossingchurch.anglican.asn.au/ Bike are also a cheap way for me to exercise some of my hotrodding frustration. This forum...
  16. reverendrally

Re: SwingMX from down under werl, i miss the build off end... :( It's been a year or more since I touched this... amazingly, I didn't throw this project out when we moved recently. although I have to say I was tempted... also, I packaged up the bearings and such and brought everything to the...
  17. reverendrally

SwingMX from down under

amazingly, I didn't throw this project out. although I have to say I was tempted... also, I packaged up the bearings and such and brought everything to the new house in a box and a few things wired together like wheels. So today, I pulled it off my hook board and started. The steel plate was...
  18. reverendrally

SwingMX from down under

shame shame, only started work on the bike again this afternoon. It's been a whole year... :? Since I last touched it, got a new house, new job, moved (= smaller workshop) and I finally have the motivation and time to start work on it again. Sorry all. Pics to come soon...
  19. reverendrally

SwingMX from down under

well it's only been 3 months, but Iback into again it seems. re proportions and safety, I'll be adding a centering spring like the original swingbikes so it should pull straight if you don't pedal.
  20. reverendrally

SwingMX from down under

I started this in builds, but what the heck. I'm in the build off! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=20310&p=209617#p209617 Up to making the rear swinger. I tacked the bottoms onto the forks I'm using. They were only spot welded on badly previous to this. I then clearanced the rear brackets and tacked the...
Back