Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Lawrence D. Sibon

Anyone every use a 4 stroke trimmer motor on a bike?

I have only used 4stroke motors with friction drive setup’s. The Honda GX series clone motors with centrifugal clutch work well for me. I can only speak for myself. I have bought other 4stroke motors similar to the motor you are talking about. Personally they have been more problem than they...
  2. Lawrence D. Sibon

Choosing the right rim.

I have just aquired a Sturmey Archer RX-RF5 . 5 Speed internal gear hub. Now I have built a few wheels. I am no expert on wheel building. My question is as this is a heavy hub should I use a heavy rim. As inSingle wall VS Double wall? Steel VS aluminum? Heavy guage spokes? Money is always a...
  3. Lawrence D. Sibon

48 Roadmaster front wheel installation

Thank You for the information. So for the torsion bar and fender is there another nut? Larry.
  4. Lawrence D. Sibon

48 Roadmaster front wheel installation

I have a New Departure front hub on this Roadmastwr. When I took off the wheel there are no lock nuts for the cones. The cones themselves have hex nuts. But how do you keep them adjusted without a lock nut. I have read that some bikes didnt have lock nuts. But I dont know. Could someone tell me...
  5. Lawrence D. Sibon

New Departure Model D Rebuild

Thank you. You guys are there like good friends. And they are hard to come by. Larry.
  6. Lawrence D. Sibon

New Departure Model D Rebuild

HOUSTON I MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM! Or possibly not. I have 21 disc's. 11 inside slot, & 10 outside tab. They do mic at 19mm though. I was hoping to get rid of the one with the missing part though. If I do, I loose .97mm. My disc's are all steel. Any advice? Thanks Larry
  7. Lawrence D. Sibon

New Dimension Brake Disc's

Thank you I think that probably is my best bet. They are for my 48 Roadmaster.
  8. Lawrence D. Sibon

Thank you I think that probably is my best bet. They are for my 48 Roadmaster.
  9. Lawrence D. Sibon

Just wondering how hard are brake disc's to find for a model D . I have one of the keyed with a piece missing out of it A GREMLIN BEFORE ME . Must have rebuilt it. There was no evidence of a piece anywhere when I tore it down. I know they should be replaced as a set. But I suppose that would...
  10. Lawrence D. Sibon

They said FREE TV.

Thanks. The bike is a 2017 Raleigh Retroglide single speed coaster. It was $200 DELIVERED TO MY DOOR From Raleigh. I love it. I DID GO THRU ALL OF THE BEARINGS BEFORE I RODE IT. GOOD THING. BEARINGS WERE ALMOST DRY. NOT MUCH GREASE.
  11. Lawrence D. Sibon

They said FREE TV.

My trailer is worth every cent. I've hauled everything from this 39" TV. To other bikes and even a piece of 8' scaffolding.
  12. Lawrence D. Sibon

How to put a seat on Roadmaster

Thank you you all seem so knowledgeable compared to what I know. But im willing to learn.
  13. Lawrence D. Sibon

3 gill tank for 48 Roadmaster or ???

Looking for a 3 gill tank and other parts to buy or trade. I hace a few older bikes. One a murray Storm ladies bike in pretty good condition. Trade is always best Am hungry for information about My 48 Roadmaster. Like how do i attach a seat whixh peddles are right ect... Thanks
  14. Lawrence D. Sibon

How to put a seat on Roadmaster

Hi my roadmaster has a 3/4 inch stem that is bent 90° 6" from the top. The rod will pull out quite aways but seems to have a stop. I dont know how to attach a seat to it as its smaller than anything i have Thank you.
  15. Lawrence D. Sibon

My new Roadmaster needs a year.

Oh thank you. I have not discarded any parts. I just had to ride it. I unexpectedly just had cancer surgery. They replaced my face with my shoulder blade " yes they can do it'.so i have time. I am cancer free WOW. I sure appreciate your help i am just tryi g to learn as much as possible. This...
  16. Lawrence D. Sibon

Thank you so much. I put the seat stem and handlebars on as they were in unfixable shape. I would like to restore it with the appropriate pieces. I just need to learn more. Like are there certain tanks that are correct and other sized frames. I thank you again.
  17. Lawrence D. Sibon

Hi I am trying to date my Roadmaster. I just aquired her from a old guy who couldn't believe i wanted to buy it from him. Well I have fallen in love with this one. Any information anyone could help me with would be appreciated. I would like to aquire a tank. But. I am not sure what will fit. I...
Back