Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Riley McMurray

Dumpster Mutt

Found next to a dumpster in 2013 and brought back to life with a mixed bag of parts... behold: THE DUMPSTER MUTT. Photos taken by my best friend Jon next to the very same dumpster all these years later. Thanks to all who have followed along and offered encouragement - it's been so much fun to...
  2. Riley McMurray

"Dumpster Mutt" Rat Rod

Here's the final product folks! I'll make sure to post in the "Finished Builds" section as well. Photos taken by my best friend Jon beside the dumpster where I first found it back in 2013. It now weighs 22 pounds, 15 pounds lighter than last year! Thanks to all who have been following my build...
  3. Riley McMurray

Trans-MIG-RaT

very cool! was it a gap toothed chain and chain ring originally? asking because of the built=in chain tensioners on the frame :)
  4. Riley McMurray

"Dumpster Mutt" Rat Rod

a few more photos I had lying around set up for clear coating, taken from the roof of my family cottage haha^ Cool saddle that I didn't end up using Using a wire wheel drill attachment to take off some of the old paint; frame had been painted at least 3 colors (red, yellow and white)...
  5. Riley McMurray

"Dumpster Mutt" Rat Rod

I've definitely had some fun with this bike over the years - here's some photos, from before I restored it the first time!
  6. Riley McMurray

"Dumpster Mutt" Rat Rod

Three generations! Help from my uncle and papa the first time I restored it. My dad has helped me a lot too (picture of him is from another build I did). All worked on the railway, my dad and papa for their careers. I'm sure that is where my interest in mechanics comes from :)
  7. Riley McMurray

"Dumpster Mutt" Rat Rod

my girlfriend helping me build the wheels!
  8. Riley McMurray

"Dumpster Mutt" Rat Rod

While looking through some old photos I found the first ever photo I took of the bike, on April 23rd 2013!
  9. Riley McMurray

"Dumpster Mutt" Rat Rod

It's saved in the original post :)
  10. Riley McMurray

"Dumpster Mutt" Rat Rod

Thanks for the comment! I posted a progress report. I think I'll be done soon!
  11. Riley McMurray

"Dumpster Mutt" Rat Rod

Last year I rebuilt an old Eaton's Glider that I found next to a dumpster - see before and after photos, or visit the posting here http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/1930-40-eatons-glider-rr.107167/. I tried to enter it in to the build-off last year, but didn't meet some...
  12. Riley McMurray

Looking for Vintage Track Wheelset and Need Advice

I ended up ordering "Campagnolo Gran Sport Track Bike Wheel Set 700c Aluminum Tubular 16T" from ebay! they have mavic rims. ill make sure to post photos of the final bike when im done :) definitely not going for period specific, as the frame is from the 40's. I like the frame because it has...
  13. Riley McMurray

Looking for Vintage Track Wheelset and Need Advice

I'm looking for a vintage track wheel set but don't know anything about them. Are they super hard to find? What were some of the best and worst brands? Is it possible to find wheel sets that aren't tubular? What is the price range generally? Thanks for any advice you can offer! :)
  14. Riley McMurray

CCM Flyte

I'll let you know when I find another one!
  15. Riley McMurray

CCM Flyte

Thanks for your reply! Another antique bike addict here in Winnipeg has offered me 225$ for it, and I've agreeed to sell. Three others offered 200$
  16. Riley McMurray

CCM Flyte

Any idea how much this is worth?
  17. Riley McMurray

1930-40 Eatons Glider RR

*Edit - ...., I overlooked the rule about keeping a build journal so my entry in the 2018 build-off has been moved here in the builds forum. I guess there's always next year Found this old beauty leaning up against a dumpster about seven years ago. I had been keeping it ugly and using it as a...
  18. IMG_0764

IMG_0764

19. Sept-nov 2017 082

Sept-nov 2017 082

20. Sept-nov 2017 132

Sept-nov 2017 132

Back