Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Western Flyer build

Thanks! I did the pinstriping myself.
  2. J

The black cloud.

awww man, i may have to run out to the garbage and grab the mountain bike frame i just threw out! that looks great! who knew a stripped mountain bike could actually look cool?
  3. J

Western Flyer build

$25 on Craigslist.
  4. J

Western Flyer build

This is a Western Flyer Silver Liner that I bought on Craigslist last Summer. The bike was pretty trashed when I got it. I painted it slate blue, pinstriped it, threw some new tires on, a different seat and matching grips and it's good to go! Really like how this turned out. Here's how it...
  5. J

Savage... Need help identifying

Re: Found this.... SAVAGE ? Wow... that's a somewhat un-p.c. badge! Still pretty cool though.
  6. J

a bit o' pinstriping

Thanks! I used One Shot and a size 0 Mack brush. I'm an art school dropout so that education in painting comes in handy here!
  7. J

a bit o' pinstriping

I'm working on a Western Flyer Silver Liner... here's the pinstriping that I did on the rear rack this evening. I think it turned out pretty well considering that I'm still learning to pinstripe... this is my fourth attempt. I'll post photos when the bike is complete.
  8. J

pre-war fender question

Hello! My neighbor just gave me a pre-war Cleveland Welding bike with no headbadge. The rear fender has holes that I assume are for a fender guard or lacing. Does anyone have experience with these fenders or advice on lacing them? Not sure if "lacing" is the correct term. Thanks!
  9. J

some projects of mine

that's cool, now it makes perfect sense!
  10. J

some projects of mine

cool bikes but that girl's bike with the springer looks impossible to ride!
  11. J

Western Flyer

probably TNG... perhaps the Borg will assimilate my bike.
  12. J

Western Flyer

I was planning on doing a space theme with this bike before this build off came up, so it gives me a good excuse to start on it. Here's a Western Flyer that I bought on Craigslist this past Summer: I may do a Star Trek theme... haven't decided but rest assured it will be sweeeet! Can't wait...
  13. J

cowgirls and rat rods

Yes! Good to see that other men know some sewing terminology! I make custom western shirts here in Indianapolis.
  14. J

cowgirls and rat rods

I was commissioned to make this shirt for my friend's sister for Christmas. It features bicycle tires on the front and a bicycle on the back. The bicycle on the back is based on a Schwinn Phantom. I hope she likes it!
  15. J

My girlfriends Rollfast

Haha, that's classic! I once "gave" a girlfriend a tandem bike for her birthday. When we broke up and she moved out she left it in the garage. A couple of months later when her hipster friend who is obsessed with bikes came to visit from out of town, suddenly my ex decides she HAS to have the...
  16. J

Snow ride

yes, it's an OM Flyer that my friend Mark bought from Circle City during the summer. It's his favorite bike to ride. The other bikes in the photo are a newer Schwinn SS Sport, a Western Flyer 24" that I added apes and a basket to and the blue bike is a Sears (Flightliner?).
  17. J

Schwinn Tornado ridiculous build

the red and yellow paint scheme is stock. the only thing i actually added was the springer fork, headlight, apes and mirror. I had some black schwinn grips laying around that i added as well (it originally had bmx bars and grips). i didn't want to do anything that couldn't be undone since the...
  18. J

Schwinn Tornado ridiculous build

Finally warmed up a bit today and I was anxious to work on a bike so I threw this together. It's kind of ridiculous. I rode it down the street and it's fun to ride. I think I'll ride it to work tomorrow.
  19. J

Snow ride

My friends and I went on a snow ride Saturday night. We bundled up (the temperature was 20 degrees) and rode around the neighborhood. My girlfriend wiped out twice but managed to avoid injury... when you're wearing lots of layers it doesn't hurt when you fall. I'm hoping the next snow is a blizzard!
  20. J

Schwinn Tornado

Picked this one up this morning. The local bike project was selling lots of bikes. They had tons of bikes but nothing too spectacular and most of them were between $50- $100. I told them that I was looking for vintage bikes to fix up or customize and they showed me this Schwinn Tornado that was...
Back