Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Brian macumber

Lucky Strike

starting point was this 70 Rollfast made a custom tank trying to mimic on the chain guard I used.I had another fun and frustrating time again this build off. https://ratrodbikes.com/forums/build-off-18-class-1-build-journals.252/
  2. Brian macumber

Middle Aged

Started out with a 69 Columbia that had a corroded head tube and a Schwinn cruiser 5 speed Cut the head tube off the Columbia and further back on the Schwinn so I could figure out how I wanted to stretch the front. Then I cut both back halves of the frames and stretched the rear some. I had to...
  3. Brian macumber

Possible first customer build?

I was at work showing my brother a couple pictures of my builds for the build off. One of the guys at work peeked over our shoulder to see what we were looking at and liked them. Asked if I would be interested in selling Lucky Strike. I told him I was kinda partial to it because we're the same...
  4. Brian macumber

Fenix 26x2.125

Looking for a Fenix 26 x 2.125 cream small brick had ordered 2 a while back company just sent me the 1 they had without saying anything. So now just have the 1 if you have 1 or know where I could find one would be appreciated.
  5. Brian macumber

What do you use for a OA BATH

I've been looking around trying to find something big enough to do a OA bath on a couple frames the tote I have is big enough for a 20" bike but I need something around 50" long and about 2` wide. Anyone make something using plastic sheeting and some kind of frame? Looking for something cheap...
  6. Brian macumber

Lucky Strike

Been struggling like a few other people trying to come up with a name for a build. I saw a pack of cigarettes and thought why not so lucky Strike it is. Not sure where this build is going but I have a few ideas either old school hotrod with flames or scallops. Or something different not really...
  7. Brian macumber

(name change) Middle Aged

This is the main starting point for my build a 69 Columbia. My plan is to fix the head tube and stretch the front a couple inches using this Schwinn looks like the batteries caused some corrosion on the head tube the reason I want to do this. That's one of batteries that was in the tank in the...
  8. Brian macumber

Serial number links

Does anyone know what happened to the serial number links? Tried to look up a couple bikes but links are not working.
  9. Brian macumber

OA bath and after tips help

I picked up this 94-95 chrome Dyno that is covered in rust. The spots I messed with either came off kinda easy with my thumb nail or 0000 stell wool. So I'm thinking that the rust should come off pretty easy in a OA bath. My question is what temperature should the water be tap or hot water. Then...
  10. Brian macumber

75 Schwinn mini Scrambler

Picked up this 75 Schwinn mini Scrambler for my grandson to ride when he is here. Been working on it whenever I get a little free time here and there. Appears everything is there except for reflector on the front on the stem and the back of the seat. The fork was bent in but I got that...
  11. Brian macumber

Sovos hubs and weinmann rims

Haven't heard of sovos hubs before that are laced to some weinmann rims. Question is are they worthy and period correct of using on my 83 hutch pro racer?
  12. Brian macumber

Haroing

Finished pic What I started with a 07-08 haro partial 20 frame with a few dings Link to my build thread Thread 'Haroing' https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/haroing.116730/
  13. Brian macumber

Redline smack build

I picked up this redline this morning for $5 at a flea market. I figured out the year I believe it is a 2003 just haven't figured out the model. I seen like 3 models with the top tube like that but don't see any with the cable guides on the top tube. Thanks in advance
  14. Brian macumber

Bendix red band

Picked up this set of Bendix rims with 2 sets of tires this weekend. the rear hub has a red band is this a 2 speed kick back or just a single speed coaster?
  15. Brian macumber

86 or 87 Western flyer freedom ll

Putting a feeler out for a 86 or 87 Western flyer freedom ll. It was the first bike I ever bought with my own money after getting my first job at Ronalds place. Have been looking but not having any luck the bay and the such. Wondering what I might expect to pay. Could only be a frame and fork...
  16. Brian macumber

Haroing

Going to try and build up this haro not sure what year or model. The frame is what I am starting with rainbow of colors on in. First thing I did was strip all paint down to bare metal using citra strip. Took about 3 times to get all the paint off. Next there was a couple small dings and a decent...
  17. Brian macumber

Tange 3piece crank help

I am having trouble trying to get the chain to line up. No matter which way I put the crank in the sprocket ends up further out than the one on the wheel. If I put the side with the flange on drive side it is better but still not lining up. The only way I could get it to line up was putting...
  18. Brian macumber

Spacey Liner

My vision of a Sears Spaceliner It had 2 front rims on it and I think some Schwinn forks when I got it. Build thread here https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/spacey-liner.115997/ I decided to use a wheel set with a nexus 7 speed some Continental 2.2 cream tires. A aftermarket springer Turned...
  19. Brian macumber

Fenix 26x2.125 cream

Looking for a 26x2.125 Fenix cream small brick i have tried looking but no luck. I had ordered 2 but they sent 1 because that was all they had . If anyone knows where I can get 1 let me know thanks.
  20. Brian macumber

Spacey liner

Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to enter the build off this year but think I can get it done. Don't have time or anything to build for class 2 this year so this will be my first class 1 build. So surprise it will be a space liner I know there's already a couple of them already but all I...
Back