Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SpyderV

1969 Spyder 5 speed came out great!

Some more...
  2. SpyderV

1969 Spyder 5 speed came out great!

I call this my " Basement Spyder". It was hanging in the rafters of my stepsons house, last ridden by his 13 year old father back in the summer of '69. So over 50 years of being inside after only a few months of ride time. It was never tipped over, no scars on the original hand grips either...
  3. SpyderV

Raleigh Fireball 3 + 2 - Class 1

That's really a cool ride. How do the twin shifters work? Is it a 3 speed with 2 extra gears controlled by the second shifter ?
  4. SpyderV

Hi from upstate NY

I see in the original Sears ad for the Spyder bikes, they offered a 5 speed with optional automatic power shift. How did that shifter actually work, and do any survive today?
  5. SpyderV

Hi from upstate NY

Im having trouble finding a chain for this Spyder 5 speed. Found one,but it's in AUSTRALIA! Also, what bike repair stand would be good?
  6. SpyderV

Hi from upstate NY

Yes, i'm a detailer by trade and and restore antique cars for national competition, so I am thorough when it comes to details!
  7. SpyderV

Hi from upstate NY

I cleaned a small portion with invisible glass cleaner just now. Its white again!
  8. SpyderV

Hi from upstate NY

Thanks Crash for all the great info! Yes, It is a keeper, as I love how it is untouched at 50 years old! And yes, I love the anticipation of bringing it back to "new at Sears" condition.
  9. SpyderV

Hi from upstate NY

Thanks Jason. Just finishing up a complete restoration on this '69
  10. SpyderV

Hi from upstate NY

My Javelin AMX
  11. SpyderV

Hi from upstate NY

] I grew up in the 60s, and all of the neighborhood kids had what we called polo bikes or banana bikes. The first one on the street then was my buddies new '66ish gold Rollfast 3 speed,console shift. I always wanted a multi speed muscle bike, but it never happened and I soon graduated to racing...
Back