Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Karate Chicken Industries

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

1986 is my guess due to the spec. Check the brakes/levers for date codes. That VooDoo you have is still the bees knees, cuz Joe.
  2. Karate Chicken Industries

Howdy!

Life of a Repo Man's always intense.
  3. Karate Chicken Industries

What have you been riding lately?

Re-Learning FS MTB and just about there. Also going as fast as possible on anything with two wheels as often as possible. Absent from here in order to ride and build more, with riding taking precedence this year. I normally don't have a phone/camera on my person when riding anymore and if I...
  4. Karate Chicken Industries

Dyno Bike pics

The pre-fairing test runs confirmed that the handling is on-point. Clocked at over 50 in a 35 turn and it was barely leaning. Props to the following for helping make this come together; @Mr. Monkeyarms for the saddle cover material, @Bike from the Dead for the straight Schwinn Skipper...
  5. Karate Chicken Industries

Dyno Bike pics

I beg to differ...
  6. Karate Chicken Industries

New Member Bike Submission 67 Schwinn 26” BMX Cruiser

Pimp! I see Venice and the Santa Monica Range as well. The fender brace is definitely Typhoon, as the Corvettes had the flat style that makes adding a caliper brake easier.
  7. Karate Chicken Industries

Bikes and Historic Sites

Not far from this area that has some good dirt: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/nfsnc/recarea/?recid=49870 Before the Wood Run trails were put in, I rode around there a bunch.
  8. Karate Chicken Industries

Bikes that 93EXCivic has seen on the internet

James' fabrication has been solid for many years now. Still, my favorite bike of all-time. It was a Game Changer.
  9. Karate Chicken Industries

Build-Off "Parts Needed"

I had lagged on keeping up with the Build-Off threads for a few weeks and saw where some entrants expressed a need for parts to complete their builds. Some had gone ahead and ordered or bid on parts already on items some of us may have had lingering in our parts stashes that we could have saved...
  10. Karate Chicken Industries

Are you in?

I have a surprise ORB entry that'll be Kwick & Klean, being imagined from an interwebsz bike that is arriving today.
  11. Karate Chicken Industries

The making/ building of the Blue Blur

I have these Dura Ace shifters, if they'll work for you: https://www.velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx?ID=f0e1c4a8-5f2f-40ac-bff8-dcf36bb676cf&Enum=104
  12. Karate Chicken Industries

Sting Ray lovers finds

I just put reading glasses on for the zoom-in and can see it now. You'll probably be able to swap wheels and derailleur over onto the cruiser if the dropouts are spaced similarly. You could make it stay cruiser style, build it klunk style, or BMX style if you want. If the frame fabrication...
  13. Karate Chicken Industries

Quite possibly the ugliest bicycle ever

I have a few friends around your 'hood, in St. George and Hurricane. They are all MTB types because when in Rome... One of these days when swinging through I'll have to loop Broken Mesa Rim from Washington, starting and ending at In N Out because a Double Double with grilled onions seems like...
  14. Karate Chicken Industries

What have you been riding lately?

Yeah, Scrumptious! They have cool people working there too.
  15. Karate Chicken Industries

Ladybug

Are those Schwinn Approved hubs made in France, or Japan? I have the Japanese ones on a build in-progress and two spare sets of Frenchies. Either ones set up properly will spin for days.
  16. Karate Chicken Industries

Grunt (son of Kaiju)

Low and in the middle is good in the dirt.
  17. Karate Chicken Industries

TikToKlunker

I win every time by getting a bike, even on a DNF that gets finished:
  18. Karate Chicken Industries

⭐ LoCo-Motion ⭐ ReTrO gRaVeL

What size? I have a nice unrestored one currently. I'm not too educated on Iron Horse beyond what's already been said in this thread. Just about any frames out of Giant Taiwan since the late 80's has been good quality and the only real difference in brands are designs and tubesets specced...
Back