Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Karate Chicken Industries

Build-Off "Parts Needed"

I had lagged on keeping up with the Build-Off threads for a few weeks and saw where some entrants expressed a need for parts to complete their builds. Some had gone ahead and ordered or bid on parts already on items some of us may have had lingering in our parts stashes that we could have saved...
  2. Karate Chicken Industries

Goldness Gracious

Parkpre Mountain Comp, with Parkpre specced tubeset, just finish restored after the Goose F1 build in the skinny division. The sticker residue from the branding removed was a bit of a hassle and it killed my heat gun right as I was finishing the evil deed (missed a small spot on the front of...
  3. Karate Chicken Industries

Goose F1

Inspired by riding Palepainter's Haro F1 bike and wondering if a rangy person could ride a 26" wheeled version more effectively than a 20" wheeled version. This Mongoose Rockadile frame has been in the shed for about eight years, waiting for this moment. I took it out and wiped it down to...
  4. Karate Chicken Industries

Withdrawn SBC Chromoly Bullmoose Handlebars and Suntour Mountech/Accushift Gruppo

1984 vintage on bars and 1986 on Suntour Gruppo. Purchase for bars or gruppo can be together or separate. Both shipped to USA lower 48 only from 80501. SBC Bullmoose 22.2 Handlebars - $60 + Shipping Suntour Mountech/Accushift Gruppo - $40 + Shipping
  5. Karate Chicken Industries

Mid-Life Crisis

Corvettes are the archetypal mid-life crises for the American Male. Now that I have a Corvette, it's being transformed into my mid-life crisis. I hope I can still ride it at 118 years old.... Where it started when scored a few weeks ago: The frame, after a trip to the powdercoater...
  6. Karate Chicken Industries

Tallman Lane

My current tallbike frame is made up from two 22" Schwinn electro-forged frames and the cockpit is far too cramped to be comfortable. After this realization not long into completion of it, the search was on for a pair of 26" Schwinn electro-forged frames. The Varsity landed first, via fleabay...
  7. Karate Chicken Industries

Little Willy

My nephew William is not tall like the rest of the males in my extended family. He is however, very capable when handling two wheels as proven to me when visiting my brother's family last Fall. The bicycle his 'rents got for him is at least two sizes too big for him and he may never grow into...
  8. Karate Chicken Industries

SOLD 700c 7 Speed Nexus Drum Brake Wheelset and Shifter

Shimano Nexus Inter 7 7R-SG40 rear hub, Shimano Nexus HB-IM40 front hub. Both wheels feature DT Swiss spokes and Alesa Sputnik touring rims. The rear rim has one blemished spot where the bike appears to have been hung by the wheel, but it's only cosmetic and could be touched-up if desired...
  9. Karate Chicken Industries

New Colorado Bicycle Law

Since most municipalities in CO didn't buy into the first attempt at common sense in 2018 (SB 18-144), they now don't have to opt in. https://www.bicycleretailer.com/announcements/2022/04/13/colorado-safety-stop-signed-law-gov-jared-polis#.Ylixi_rMLIU Since Colorado is a Home Rule State...
  10. Karate Chicken Industries

26" BMX Looptail

I saw this hanging in a bike shop here in Colorado. Does anyone have an idea of what it is? The looptail and wishbone chainstays seem unique together.
  11. Karate Chicken Industries

The Red Rocker

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/the-red-rocker.114853/ Schwinns make me happy.
  12. Karate Chicken Industries

Theodocious Atrocious

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/theodocious-atrocious.115062/ Field Tested, Muthuh Approved
  13. Karate Chicken Industries

The Big Payback

There was an incident in 1980 where I was responsible for the loss of a friend's Schwinn Cruiser. He always said he was cool with it whenever the topic arose after it happened. We've kept in touch over the years and plan on catching up in person this Summer. I showed him some pics of what...
  14. Karate Chicken Industries

Kona - Sold

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2022/01/19/kona-bicycles-sold-seattle-outdoor-group#.Yes2D9XMLIU I'm left wondering if some corporate uhmerica scumbaggery is going to kill them too. The foolishness that corporations bring to almost everything they touch is astounding.
  15. Karate Chicken Industries

Theodocious Atrocious

I picked this up as a full bike during the Summer and had not done anything with it until this week, stripping it down after pirating the wheelset for a client's build. The frameset is Tange 1000 straight gauge chromoly tubing and the paint is largely immaculate. I have a few parts ordered...
  16. Karate Chicken Industries

The Red Rocker

This 1968 Heavy Duti frame has been sitting since being powdercoated and I have been slowly collecting parts for it. Almost all of the BMXey parts I have sought out over the past few months are here just in time for this build-off. The first order of business is going to be building up the...
  17. Karate Chicken Industries

Joe Murray Kona in CO

I have seen this bike and it's worth the $300 he's asking if one is down with what appears to be something custom built to accommodate an advertising campaign. https://boulder.craigslist.org/bik/d/firestone-1993-kona-fire-mountain-with/7364778177.html Historical Creampuff
  18. Karate Chicken Industries

Party Like It's 1999

A mix of era parts with modern thrown in for performance purposes: Straight-Up Flow/Paved Pump Track Killa
  19. Karate Chicken Industries

Tour De Fat

Free Bicycle Parade and Party: https://www.newbelgium.com/events/tour-de-fat/
  20. Karate Chicken Industries

1965 Hercules Step-Through

While I have quite a few irons in the proverbial fire, I picked up a another Round Tuit. It's going to be a low-gear 26" coaster brake lightweight townie. After building up my daughter's 1960 Hercules in a similar fashion, this one will probably weigh sub-20 as well. Before:
Back