Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. karl

Cobble Klunker

Before: After:
  2. karl

Old tinkerer new bike project

Looking at these drifting BMX bikes fromAruba, there is no problem with one big chain:
  3. karl

Cobble Klunker

Seizures are in a sense more painfull to witness then to experience, but i,m 53 and still riding my (longboard) skateboard each day after 45 years of skateboarding.Other colleague,s died before there time, commited suicide, are partly paralyzed. We all have to carry are burden, but we are more...
  4. karl

Visit the online bicycle museum

I am in love: https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/1920s-wonder-x-frame/?tax=tour&tid=215
  5. karl

That would be an awesome klunker!
  6. karl

Jawdroppingbikes at: https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/ They have a Mochet for sale:
  7. karl

CyCLo KiLLeR - Last minute details, and a teaser!

Weaponized bikes are the future of transportation:
  8. karl

Tweaker's Rehab

Love the hump! Besides, when i see this unearthly design, the last thing i think is: hmm, that seat is slidely off..
  9. karl

The Schwinn Dixie Dreamcycle

I had the same problem not getting my seat post in beyond a certain point with my Felt Classic build. When i looked into the seat tube with a torch i noticed corrosion at the spot the stuck seat post came loose. I scraped the inside of the seat tube with a flat mtb handlebar, then used plenty of...
  10. karl

1965 Hercules Step-Through

Sometimes i just have to:
  11. karl

1965 Hercules Step-Through

You are discriminating, cottered cranks have rights too! They just need some extra attention and care, and you need to know how to remove the cotter without screwing it up. Never remove the bolt when you want to hammer one out. Open the bolt up to the top of the cotter, then give it a whack. But...
  12. karl

Felt Classic, The Black Sheep

A guy at the nightshop told me about this preconception blowing clip: What is interesting is that the priest seems to gain more momentum with a shorter wheelbase and smaller wheels, but maybe it,s the hat and suit that does it? Or faith itself? Anyway, that,s a hardcore priest, respect! He also...
  13. karl

Electra RS Klunker build

That,s not my bmx it,s just a download. I,ve read about aluminium soldering rods, but i don,t know how strong they are.
  14. karl

Thanx Bart, the chainring came with the bike, but i indeed did notice the subtle difference with other similar chainrings. I am selling the bike, if i would keep all the bikes i,ve built i,d have no place to live.. Unfortunately klunkers don,t sell as well as ¨singlespeed style¨ bikes, they...
  15. karl

Electra RS Klunker build

The front of this design irritates me every time i see it, but maybe you can shorten the steering tube and add sideplates to hide the loop to make it stronger, like an old school bmx:
  16. karl

Finished the bike, took it out for a ride. I like, each and both side. It rides, rough and mean, i am part, of an angry machine, it is part of me . Together we ride in unity.
  17. karl

Washed and sanded all the parts, the original paint appeared from under the crappy paintjob: Roughed up the chrome parts with a metalbrush, a steelwoolpad and a file before painting with 3 or 4 layers of matte black acrylic 2.50E a can. Result looks pretty good: Everything painted, masked of...
  18. karl

This bike is gonna be matte black all over, with a touch of matte black.. I,ll be using the felt thick bricks 26x2.125 that came with it cause i am a cheapskate.. i saw this video: The fork dropouts on the bike gave me an idea how to extend a 20 inch bmx fork into a 26.. no welding required.
  19. karl

Electra RS Klunker build

Would be cool if you could shorten the straight fork.
  20. karl

Cobble Klunker

Thanks Bart, would be nice to go for a ride sometime. Been a while since i have been in Twente Unfortunately any activity that involves the risk of any type of traumatic brain injury with or without helmet is too dangerous for me, considering the fact i can have unpredictable nocturnal epileptic...
Back