Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. karl

Visit the online bicycle museum

Jawdroppingbikes at: https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/ They have a Mochet for sale:
  2. karl

Diy stuck seatpost removal tool

I attached a stem to a fork for leverage and the stem to the seatpost: Move back and forth while standing on the frame..
  3. karl

Felt Classic, The Black Sheep

Bought a felt classic for 30E yesterday: Starting the breakdown, stem comes loose normally for a change.. Time for a break. Now for the exciting part, will the stuck seatpost removal tool i thought up yesterday function? At first the stem started rotating, so i tightened it stronger and to...
  4. karl

Felt Classic

Bought a Felt Classic cruiser with nexus3 wheelset for 30E, looks pretty roughed up and the seatpost seems stuck.Gonna take it apart tomorrow. Not sure yet what i,ll do with it. This is sort of how it is supposed to look:
  5. karl

Cobble Klunker

Made from a neglected Cruiser, a kid,s BMX and an MTB fork: Ok, it,s not a Schwinn, but still.. Build Thread
  6. karl

How to make and use Vinegar Custard for rust removal

In this recipe i will use white vinegar, plain white flour, rusty objects and linseedoil: Make a mix of flour and vinegar and stir well to avoid lumps: Boil the vinegar, when it comes to a boil turn down the heat and add the vinegar starch mixture. Keep stirring until it thickens to a real...
  7. karl

Elektrik Klunking Men vs. Stem

Someone offered an Electra cruiser with 26 bmx style fork in exchange for a friendly gift, it came complete with wheels and tires so i guess it, s klunker building time: Only problem is the stuck stem, especially since i really want to use this fork. luckily the stem seems to be pretty far out...
  8. karl

Modern Mechanix 1937 first stretched cruiser

I was looking at the bicycle catecory of: http://blog.modernmechanix.com/category/transportation/bicycles/ Perfect for entertainment, education amazement and some good laughs, when i saw this one: Freaking awesome! This is the oldest picture i saw of a ¨stretched cruiser¨ style bicycle...
  9. karl

Flywheel bicycles

I have been thinking about building a bicycle with built-in flywheel to conserve kinetic energy. It has been done before quite succesfully. This is a video of the Kers bike: The Raht racer uses a pedal powered flywheel to power an electric engine, they say it can go up to 70mph: This guy does...
  10. karl

Cobble Klunker

Gonna build this bike anyway, so i may as well enter the build-off. Bought a neglected generic ¨marketing¨ cruiser with a decent wheelset and tires for 20E. The crankset is bent, but i have spare parts. This is how it looked (yuk): Better already: Gettin dark, sorry for the bad pic but this is...
  11. karl

Ratrod Fakie

Found a singlespeed-style bike issued as a customer gift by an unnamed company and decided to strip the cheapo coating. Rebuild with an antique french front-carrier, vintage japanese custom (brand) crankset, bew tires, pedals and a coasterbrake wheelset. The fork seems to be stainless, or at...
  12. karl

Urban Lady Bomber

Hi there! Bought an ugly crappy citybike like this for 10E. But the frame has possibilities. The frame is aluminium, but the whole bike seems to be build with a complete lack of interest in the end result, for example, the crankset weighed more than the frame itself, no kidding. Why design an...
  13. karl

Fixedy a photoshop bicycle design comic..

I was thinking how fix a stretched frame from a diamond frame and decided to try it out in Gimp, a Linux image program. I know that 26 balloon tires have about the same diameter as a 28 inch wheel, so i matched the wheelsize with a stretched cruiser and made three cuts: one in the toptube...
  14. karl

Raleigh Carlton Sirocco Nexus3

This frame was built in 1980 in the Raleigh Carlton factory in Worksop England, the same year our dutch hero Joop Zoetemelk won the Tour de France with a similar frame and crankset, and a year before Carlton, one of the oldest bicycle factories from 1898 finally closed it doors after a Raleigh...
  15. karl

The Urban Insult Bicycle

Hereby i proudly present the Urban Insult Bicycle: It aims to be a hybrid ¨fixie style¨ stretched cruiser build for functionality, lightweight, comfort and speed while retaining a sort of futuristic style. and it came out really comfortable , fast, relatively light and in my humble opinion...
  16. karl

BO15 The Urban Insult Bicycle

I am joining the build off, i have to buildoff some bikes anyhow, and this is what i will start with: Felt Leadsled frame, Giant fork from a touring bike, nexus3 wheelset, apehangers, Suntour Roadvx crankset, truvativ crankconverter and a headset. First thing tomorrow: sand the frame and fork...
  17. karl

My great-grandfathers motorized bicycle!

Picture taken in Jakarta around 1920.
  18. karl

Stretched Racer 1

A few years ago i designed a frame in Sketchup, the concept is a stretched frame, with a focus on speed and function over form. I had two of them built by a craftsman. Now i finally have them built up, and am quite pleased with the results. The design: And the result. Pretty close! I proudly...
  19. karl

Tajik women rejecting local taboos – on their bikes

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/28/tajikistan-women-cycling-local-taboo Go girls go!
  20. karl

ElMacho by Remco van der Heijden

Found this awesome bike built by: Remco van der Heijden in the Netherlands for sale here: http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/fietsen-en-brommers/fietsen-cruisers-en-lowriders/m961526409-el-macho.html?c=a2384ef0ece270f44503df9f8598c624&previousPage=lr
Back