Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. cayman

First build off Cruiser

Here is the Haro. The seat post I got from Chad is amazing. Its a shame he closed shop. I ended up getting a few post from him. The 3" Beach Bum tires are like built in shocks. Between the tires and the worksman seat this is a comfortable ride. I want to put some BMX forks, or maybe...
  2. cayman

First build off Cruiser

I had a little time today so I put the parts for the Haro on the Worksman frame, and vice versa. I really like the way its coming out. I had to order a new chain for it, so I can finish it in the next few days. I am going to keep the Haro seat and grips. They will be great for a future project.
  3. cayman

Teeth of the Hydra

I think I am running the same chain ring/rear cog combo on mine. I really like how it looks. This bike is really looking great!
  4. cayman

LaidBack - TransWorld Motobike Rat - Patinafication & Details - 85 Years

Amazing looking bike. Its awesome to see what everyone comes up with.
  5. cayman

First build off Cruiser

I had a pretty good weekend as far as bike things go. I got my seat posts from Chad, and I found 2 bikes on offerup that I couldn't pass up. One is a single speed/fixie that I got for my nephew to ride when he visits so he doesn't mess up on of my bikes. The other is a Haro Buster cruiser...
  6. cayman

Oranjeboom Bomber

I love that color of orange. Its going to be a great looking bike.
  7. cayman

First build off Cruiser

I have some S&M 9 or 10 inch bars on my other bike. They are great. I may test them on this bike. The SE bars on it are a little wider I think. They feel pretty comfy. There are so many awesome parts available.
  8. cayman

First build off Cruiser

Thanks! I have been looking at Jamis frames. I am checking out craigslist a few times a day and Ill hit some of the used bike shops and co-ops around Portland to find something.
  9. cayman

First build off Cruiser

Thanks everyone! I have been riding it quite a bit. Its fun to ride around the neighborhood. It gets a lot of looks and people wanting to take it for a spin. The quill adapter I bought seems pretty sturdy, its and extended one. I have lowered it some. Its still about 2 or 3 inches away...
  10. cayman

First build off Cruiser

I got the brake hanger, put it on, and rode a few miles today. The bike works great. I am sold on Worksmans quality. I just wish it was stretched out some. I will do a few more things to it before the build is over. I just wanted to get it ready for the summer to do some riding. Its a lot...
  11. cayman

First build off Cruiser

Thanks! Yes they seem pretty addictive. I have already started looking for more frames.
  12. cayman

First build off Cruiser

Thanks everyone! I really like how the paint turned out. I hope it will be available in a powdercoat color when I have enough money for that, for now a $10 rattle can paint job will have to do. Thats my f-150 that the bike is leaning against. I love the fj's too. I wish I had one. The bike...
  13. cayman

First build off Cruiser

I spent an hour or so this morning cutting down the fork so it fits, and putting a few things on. If I get back in time today I will put in the bottom bracket and crank, if not Ill finish it tomorrow.
  14. cayman

First build off Cruiser

I like that bike! I emailed Chad last night. Ill order them as soon as I hear back from him.
  15. cayman

First build off Cruiser

I know. I have been putting off the build for about a month. I've had all the parts laying around just begging to be put on! Its been like torture thinking that I could spend a few hours putting it together and ride it!
  16. cayman

First build off Cruiser

Thanks for the info. I had seen some old posts so I wasn't sure if he was still doing them. I sent him an email. The posts that aren't quite 90 degrees look amazing.
  17. cayman

First build off Cruiser

Thanks for the compliments on the paint color! I used rustoleum Satin Oasis Blue, with some automotive lacquer as the clear coat. I went kinda cheap on the paint, because I spent way too much on parts. I thought I had some 57mm wheels that would work, but the back wheel was too wide to fit...
  18. cayman

Made in the Shade

Great looking build!
  19. cayman

First build off Cruiser

Thanks! I saw a Huffy cranbrook online that was about that color. I just wanted to build a better version of it. I shimmed the headset and used the loctite to make sure it all stays in place this morning. I should be able to build and ride it tomorrow. Then I just need to figure out the...
  20. cayman

Stratos

I love the stance. Those triple trees are awesome. I am going to have to break down and get a set for my Soul beach cruiser.
Back