Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. FrogtownCycle

Loopy He-Man

Freakin' rad!
  2. FrogtownCycle

Loopy He-Man

I'm digging it! Really cool frame you've got there.
  3. FrogtownCycle

Paper Rat

It looks great in the picture! Mine are closer to 50 footers. My dad's Caprice in the garage is freshly restored, it makes me wish I had the funds to clean up my Caprice. I'm going to be racing today so progress on the Paper Rat will have to wait until tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it rideable...
  4. FrogtownCycle

Paper Rat

Thank you! It's amazing just how much tires can change the look of the whole bike.
  5. FrogtownCycle

Paper Rat

I love the '65-66 full size Chevys! That's my dad's Caprice in the background. I have a Caprice 4 door hardtop and an Impala 2 door also, although they aren't as pretty as either of his. For paint on the bike I've been thinking about '66 Chevy Lemonwood Yellow if the local paint shop has a...
  6. FrogtownCycle

Paper Rat

Feel like I made some good progress! Might see about having these forks modified to work a little better, but otherwise they're a pretty good fit. Slapped the 2.125 wide whitewalls on and everything seems to be happy there too. The basket is off of a '63 Hollywood that I restored a few weeks...
  7. FrogtownCycle

Hipster

Looking good so far!
  8. FrogtownCycle

Paper Rat

Ready to make some progress! Just mocking some parts up at the moment. So far it looks like I'll have to widen the frame a little bit to clear this rear wheel, it has a Sachs 7 speed hub in it. The seat is going to go, I'll probably swap it out for one of the old Schwinn ones I have laying...
  9. FrogtownCycle

Billy Bobber

This build is rad, can't wait to see where it goes! Love what you did with the bars and the seat post. That Datsun is cool too!
  10. FrogtownCycle

Paper Rat

I was able to take a look earlier today, and in guessing this frame would have been a typhoon. Here's the pictures I got: I will probably still badge it as a heavy duti, as it's not going to be anywhere near "correct" anyway. I have a rusty, beat up basket for it, and I think I've got a rear...
  11. FrogtownCycle

Paper Rat

Thanks for all the info, guys! I had some time to gather parts and get a picture, but that was about it. I'm in the middle of moving and trying to sell my house, so things have been chaotic lately. I think I got this frame off of eBay if I'm not mistaken. It was a bare frame when I got it, the...
  12. FrogtownCycle

Paper Rat

I've decided to enter my first build off! I have a 1968 Schwinn frame that I have been planning to build, and a handful of spare parts I need to make a home for. I know the frame is either a Typhoon or a Heavy duti, but I haven't been able to figure out which just yet. I have always wanted a...
  13. FrogtownCycle

BO16 builders map - Go ahead and set your marker!

Pretty cool! I just put a marker down in Maryland. I haven't started a build thread yet, but I will be soon, I have a pile of parts that I'd like to turn into my first build off bike.
  14. FrogtownCycle

Hello RRB!

Thank you! It's a 13 mile stretch that passes through 2 tunnels. The tunnels were built in the 1920's, and couldn't accommodate heavy traffic when more people started using the turnpike in the 60's. For most of the other tunnels they drilled another bore parallel to the existing one, but these...
  15. FrogtownCycle

Hello RRB!

My 77 collegiate camelback. It was originally a sport, but I de-sported it with some upright bars off of a breeze I parted out. Here's a shot of my typhoon and my racer from a trip my brother and I took to the abandoned Pennsylvania turnpike. The racer is currently in pieces waiting to be...
  16. FrogtownCycle

Hello RRB!

Finally figured out how to attach an image! Here's my 1973 collegiate sport klunker. Its got a sachs 7 speed hub in the rear, with alloy rims and tires I had laying around. I did a 3 piece crank conversion with a cheap Amazon conversion kit, mainly so I could use the crank arms with that hoop...
  17. FrogtownCycle

Hello RRB!

Hello all! My name is Robby and I have decided to join the forum after lurking for quite a while. I have seen some amazing builds on here, so I figured it'd be cool to interact with everyone and to share some of my builds as well. I work in the auto parts industry, but I enjoy tinkering with...
  18. FrogtownCycle

The Christmas Flyer...finished !

I'm on board. Looking great so far!
Back