Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Crazy Nick

Valentines Day gift bike

My wifey's Valentines Day gift. It took her a minute to realize that the bike was also part of the gift. (1967 Schwinn Hollywood)
  2. Crazy Nick

Seeking SoCal bike tech..

I need a few rims laced and a hub serviced. Does anybody know of a good shop or person in Orange County area ?
  3. Crazy Nick

Bruce Lee muscle bike

I wasn't sure where to go with this but I just thought it was kinda cool :cool:
  4. Crazy Nick

DIY Duck Tail Fender

How would you DIY a duck tail fender without any fancy equipment ? I've contacted a couple of local Hot Rod shops that could probably easily do it but as soon I mention that it's for a bicycle they lose interest.
  5. Crazy Nick

Removing water slide decals

Does anybody know a safe way to remove standard Schwinn water slide decals without harming the paint ? My older brother said "use a rag with hot water" which sounded like it would work but it didn't. I read about acetone free nail polish remover, but I'de rather get a little feedback before...
  6. Crazy Nick

Fenders or Fenderless ?

I bought this 68" Midget for my son a few months back and he's still a few months away from being tall enough to ride it. I've been looking for these fenders but now that I put them on I think that fenderless is starting to grow on me. I think fenders look classy and fenderless looks a little...
  7. Crazy Nick

Vintage Schwinn ad (misprint)

My son is crazy about trains and we've actually been to the spot in the photo, it's called Travel Town at Griffith Park in L.A. It would be cool to take him there with his bike for a little photo shoot.. Can anyone spot the misprint in the ad text ?
  8. Crazy Nick

Blast from the past (tricycle)

That's me circa 1971. I haven't seen this pic in 25 years, my older brother is moving and he just found it.
  9. Crazy Nick

Props to UK tire vendor

I wasn't sure where to post this but I just had a great experience with a UK tire vendor. I ordered two tires from Classic Cycle in UK on Sunday night and they arrived Thursday evening in So Cal.. https://classic-cycle.com
  10. Crazy Nick

Banana Seat - seat badge.

I would like to replace the Stingray seat badge on a banana seat. I already found a replacement seat badge but I would like to rivet it into place like original. Does anybody have any experience with this process ?
  11. Crazy Nick

Stingray Snowboard (not mine)

This is currently for sale on CL So Cal Inland Empire ~ As a Stingray guy and a snowboarder this is one of the coolest things that I've seen in a while. I could imagine doing this with a really clean boys Stingray with a springer front end, or a BMX frame with a side-cart would be fun too.. I...
  12. Crazy Nick

Tire ISO ?

Sunlite Revolutions Tire 24 x 2.5 I asked the seller if this tire would fit an S-2 and he says that it has an ISO of 502. I'm not sure what that means because I googled 502 mm and it's showing me a 27.5 rim. Has anybody else used this tire and know what rim size it will fit ?
  13. Crazy Nick

Any Class 2 guys in So Cal ?

I need some simple mods done and I was wondering if there's any Class 2 builders in L.A. / Orange County area ? I was thinking about going to a local Hot Rod shop but I'm already getting anxiety because they're probably not bike guys and I don't want my rare parts getting butchered.
  14. Crazy Nick

Modifying forks and truss rods ??

So I kind of jumped the gun buying this fork and truss rod combo because the forks match a 1958 - 24 inch frame that I have. I believe that they're off a girls bike because the steer tube is longer than on boys forks, therefore the truss rods are also longer than boys. I ordered a die so I can...
  15. Crazy Nick

Spoke gauge (size)

Can someone educate me on spoke gauge/size ? I have a couple of Stingrays which have S-2 rim on rear S-7 in front and a 24 inch Typhoon which has front and rear S-7 rims, all appear to have the same spoke gauge. I know that early 80's Schwinn cruisers have thicker spoke gauge but what's the...
  16. Crazy Nick

Sealed Bearings - question ?

These are for one piece cranks - are they compatible with Schwinn frames, Stingray, Cruiser, etc ? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283733821826?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
  17. Crazy Nick

Wanted!!! 59-61 Schwinn Speedster front fender, 24 inch.

Wanted! 59-61 Schwinn Speedster front fender, 24 inch. If you have any vintage Schwinn 24 inch front fenders that have the indents to clear the front forks (as shown in pic) then I would be happy to check them out. Thanks!!
  18. Crazy Nick

WTB 66 thru 68 Stingray Shifter Cover

I'm looking for 66 thru 68 shifter (cover only) that's smooth like the one pictured. 1969 and up they had a ribbed detail on the cover..
  19. Crazy Nick

24 inch front fender, Schwinn Speedster, Wasp, American

24 inch front fender, Schwinn Speedster, Wasp, American. Must have the notches to accommodate fork blades.
  20. Crazy Nick

Help! making a ducktail fender

I have a full sized fender that I would like to shorten and ad a ducktail on. Has anybody ever figured out a way to make that ducktail bend ?
Back