Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. psko

Back to the Future: The Café-Scrambler

Due to some outside factors, I put this project on hold. I plan on getting back to it very soon. Unfinished projects are not cool! :mrgreen:
  2. psko

Thanks. No, I "sprung" and I got a whole new cage and bearings! :lol: I got the single speed kit on sale at Performance http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=23062&subcategory_ID=5132.
  3. psko

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Ha-ha! ...so just let me introduce myself My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty. -Or- The Rolling Stones: Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of wealth and taste (but I am a man of little wealth or taste)
  4. psko

The fork has been stripped, sanded, primed, and the base coat applied. I think I like orange.
  5. psko

How my son rolls

My little dude's Kettler, German-made trike. I got it used via craigslist. It has a hand operated drag-brake and the frame length is adjustable..
  6. psko

I was out of town for a while. Now I might get a few hours (here and there) to work on things. I picked up a stripper, er, um, I mean a can of stripper. I also stopped by my LFS to get a bearing for the bottom bracket. ...Now back to work! I have painted bolts like this forever. Punch a few...
  7. psko

The Partridge

Agreed. That zany Mondrian paint job has always been a favorite of mine. Are you also going to do the "Nervous Mother" sign too? I dig that frame!
  8. psko

I FINALLY got to work on my bike this morning! Here's the single speed kit that I got to replace the rear derailleur and 7-speed cassette freehub. The "Before" picture of the freehub. Out comes the chain whip and the cassette tool... Look Ma, no freewheel! The "After" picture of the...
  9. psko

I need a "mini vacation"... We shall see if I can afford the gasoline for the trip.
  10. psko

I will do a another quick test (before sanding). I'll do a white base-coat if it is not bright enough. Thank you everyone for the tips and kind words of encouragement.
  11. psko

Here's another update: As I was planning, I decided to steal the Panaracer 2.10 MTB tires from one of my mountain bikes. I have been wanting to make that MTB bike more of a commuter/"bike trail" bike anyhow. So the Kenda hybrid slicks go on that. I got some orange paint and some clear. Overall...
  12. psko

1.21 gigawatts? 1.21 gigawatts? Great Scott! No... it's going to be more "George McFly."
  13. psko

I am into long walks on the beach and holding hands... oh... wait that sounds like a personal ad! After much prodding, here's my intro: I live in Ohio and have LOVED bicycles since I was a lad. I have almost always customized my bikes--all the way back to when I got my second bike ( a 20"...
  14. psko

Here's an update: The rims after I got them trued. Those tires look weak! 1st mock-up with some of the parts and the black wheels off of one of my MTB's. The seat is not right! After some grinding... Front view of 1st Mock-up
  15. psko

I know, I know… this is a late entry, but I should be able to fit a bike project into my already busy schedule. I came across this web site, quite by accident (less than a week ago). I saw the “RAT ROD BIKE BUILD OFF 3” and after a few days of deep thought, I am going to enter. Here it is...
Back