Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

Here is something I made...

Nice Bike bud. Soooo lol how was it welded .... it looks to be Braised Fillet Weld or you molded the welds
  2. W

How do ya feel about this cheap welder?

If he is a good friend he won't let you buy a Harbor Freight welder ... If he is certifyed ask him how he feels about them . We have had this conversation several times here already .. If Complacentcy is the standard for you & just gota have a junk tool ..... go for it .... junk in .. junk out...
  3. W

DIY Slick Tires

This is how we use to make sand tires for the front of the buggies. same thing except we used a body grinder with a 36 soft stone(Sandpaper Disc) on it. Makes a BIG lol mess . Front tires would not throw as much sand in your face with this done to them You dont mind if we use your wheel idea...
  4. W

looking into getting a welder? need help

I have talked about this several times lol. I bet in the last 10 years, I have had the oppertunity to pick up a decent TIG werlder, compleate with torch handle ,bottle & regulator at least 10 times I can remember. Most of the older machines are a little larger & have Copper windings on the...
  5. W

How to Make : Wide Rims + litle tricks

Ilikeit!!!
  6. W

miss you guys and gals

HeyAdam
  7. W

What's your favorite Tool?

Hey that is a flare nut wrench or a brake line wrench ya got there. Made NOT to round nut , but to fit over brake line to loosen it .
  8. W

2 cool !!
  9. W

Sooo you draw it, they attach Datum, G Codes & X,Y & Z 0.000000 #'s to it & its all ready to go to the floor for proof / first artical rite ....oor close Hope Im not showing too many cards here lol. Are you a Master Cam User ??
  10. W

Have your tastes changed since coming here?

I like older girls now lol ... I see them on old bikes ..... Instead of dead people lol.
  11. W

Now ya got it lol. It's kinda out there with the made out of [b"]Unobtainum"[/b] thing .... ( Refering to the custom , 1 of a kind , hand made , if ya want one , design & make it type of things, devices, parts, cool things ect that litter the earth lurking the as Customs or Cool Thinginymabobs...
  12. W

I'm sorry Mr. C.P. Odem ..... that would be a hammer ok ... AKA Prcusion device or sometimes refered to around the shop as the Artiliary around here when things get stuck.
  13. W

gas tank

Sounds like yourusin a Harbor Fright welder. Dose it even use Co2 or is it in the wire ?? Welding is a funny thing. Some are born with it & others never get it. Personaly, I would tig weld it using 20 to 22 guage mild steal or better yet , 6065 T1 Renolds aluminum. Not ment as a slamm ok...
  14. W

I like Percusion wrenches , Bridgport mills & Tig welders ..... not nessaceraly in that order ok .
  15. W

My Workplace , 9/20

The Dr.'s name dose not ring a bell. If he went to HS in Ukiah, we would have been in the same graduating class ....... due to age ..... bad deal none the less ... RIP
  16. W

What is burning man???

So nobody is aware of anything about Black Rock Desert ??? No guesses None ..... More hints ....... Ok Another Hint for you speed deamons ..... oops that was the hint lol..... Ka Booom .... planes do this Ok , so what do you think about when you see FoMoCo on something (Dearborn /...
  17. W

Questions on Proofide for a Brooks saddle.

Hi everyone, , Good Maint to your old Brooks model whatever seat is GOOD OLD Fasion, Cheep buy compairson , Vasiline or any Petroliam jelly like it. role your bike/ seat out into the HEAT of a good old summer day and liberaly apply to the top surface. The seat should soak it up nicley in the...
  18. W

The Swingbike "Orange Krate" is done.

Very nice, All I need or my swing to make it a compleat bike is the rear fender. It has the orignal tires on it & they are still perfect .... Kept indoors or 36+ years. Took the enders of when I was a kid like a bone head & now can only account for the front one lol. What was I thinking ??
Back