Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Degoragon

20 Incher

Ebay has them. I bought one for my bike , when I was still running the stock carb. If you run the Dellorto SHA 15 carb, you can get a CNC "shorty" intake. (Short Offset stock carb)...
  2. Degoragon

Bamboo Frame-Set

Bamboo bike? Honestly never knew such a thing existed!
  3. Degoragon

Hiawatha Heavy Duty Bike - 1948

very nice Hiawatha!
  4. Degoragon

DRAGSTER RAT FREAK

That bike takes low riding to the extreme!
  5. Degoragon

"LEFT TURN" - finished

Man, that is definitely one of the craziest looking bikes I have ever seen! :D You got mad building skills! Seriously, nice build!
  6. Degoragon

El Chiggins

That bike turned out sweet!
  7. Degoragon

[Build idea] 1941 Hiawatha...... 10 Speed?

Yeah, it does have a couple holes there, but that's it. The rest is mostly surface rust. Hopefully, I should be able to tack in some metal there. I do have the fenders, chain guard, and handlebars painted, and I want to get the frame stripped and ready.
  8. Degoragon

Boy, that does look cleaner.
  9. Degoragon

Hmm, never thought of an IGH. Maybe something to look into. Also, I do agree that Index shifters are easier to use. The only thing I have against the grip shifters is I feel they are too big and plasticky, just would look way too out of place. I did mock it up with a set of those, and I didn't...
  10. Degoragon

As you know, I had managed to pull an old 1941 Hiawatha (Shelby Flying Cloud) bike out of the weeds in my own backyard. Well, I had been thinking some possible directions to go with it. One involved simply using 1960's schwinn pedal cranks and pieces to replace the rusted pieces. This got me...
  11. Degoragon

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

I guess "3 speed" bikes are a type of road bike? the Black one is a 1968 Sears (steyer?) 3 speed, the Red one is a 1970's Columbia 5-speed.
  12. 1968 Sears  3-speed

1968 Sears 3-speed

Austrian Made Sears 3-speed Bicycle I bought at a swap meet. Pedals very smooth, has new tires and tubes.
  13. 1970's Columbia "Tourist V"  Women's 5- Speed.

1970's Columbia "Tourist V" Women's 5- Speed.

1970's Columbia 5 speed bicycle. In good shape, and pedals easily. Has "BMA/6" Sticker . Shimano 5-speed gearbox and derailleur.
  14. My Bikes -Degoragon

My Bikes -Degoragon

Bikes I have come across
  15. Degoragon

Right in my backyard.....Literally! 1941 Hiawatha (shelby Flying Cloud )

The only holes I have seen are those ones in the back, and the rusted out tank.
  16. Degoragon

The frame is really the only concern for me, well, as far as if it can be saved. The fenders, chain guard, and handlebars are solid overall, only some pitting. The worst spots on the bike are the tank, and the frame has a few holes towards the rear. Elsewhere looks solid, no through rust. I...
  17. Degoragon

Schwinn Typhoon ranch find

Nice Find! I had a 1962 Schwinn Typhoon (straight bar) . It was rideable, but it needed work. The paint was nearly gone, and most of the original Schwinn items were not on it. Fenders were gone and it was missing chain guard. The Pedals, seat, chain, and wheels were all replaced with 1970's era...
  18. Degoragon

HEADBADGES

19. Degoragon

So, not too long ago, I was walking in my backyard, and I spotted this leaning beside a fallen in shed. So I pulled it out of the weeds to get a better look. From what I have found, it is a 1941 (approx.) Hiawatha, built by Shelby, and sold at Gamble's Department stores. It looks identical to...
Back