Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MonsterMetal

The Jefferson took 2nd Sturgis World Championships

My partner Joe and I took Second place at the World Championships of Bike building for 2010 at Sturgis in the modified Harley class... The only USA bike to place in the top three in the class... And its a sportster to boot! The pics arent up yet but here is a link...
  2. MonsterMetal

Lazy Rodent

hey with a name like Lazy Rodent you didnt expect much hype did ya>? I sure have been having fun on her though.... A much better ride than the Hammer...(the Madd Hammer weighed 76lbs.... not much of a rider)
  3. MonsterMetal

Did Flickr photo uploading change?

I just went to post a pic and it seems the flickr format has changed and I dont seem to be smart enough to grab the right stiff to post an img ... Anyone else experience this?
  4. MonsterMetal

Lazy rodent

I have been so busy working that I have not done anything on a bike in like a year.... I really dont have time to REALLY build a bike but I am going to put one together to take to the Two Brothers show in August, Which just happens to start the day the build off ends... So I have on...
  5. MonsterMetal

Anyone seen a bike motor like this? Know who built it?

I bought this today, looks like maybe 60's vintage mounted on a Schwinn Heavy Duty... Any idea who built the motor or anything about it? its got a friction drive wheel and the whole motor pivots to engage the rear wheel...
  6. MonsterMetal

How To Ship a Bike (Please read and contribute)

Ok first off this is not meant to be a lecture or a mandate, I just wanted to give a "newbie" an idea of what it takes to give a bike a fighting chance to make it across the country with UPS or FedEx trying to massh it to bits.. I also want people to share there tips and tricks. There are a...
  7. MonsterMetal

Some kind of Monster

Alright..... I really hope I do better about getting a bike built for this build off than I did RRB4. I have been thinking bout building a fat tired cruiser from scratch for quite some time, I actually bought the wheel parts about a year and a half ago. So I guess here is my chance hu guys...
  8. MonsterMetal

My OTHER Rat....

Thought you guys might like to see progress pictures of my little sporty project. She was a bone stock 1999 XL1200 I bought as a wreck.... I think she is coming along nicely. The headlight was a random find, The oil bag is made from the cylinder liner of a Stratton Aero helicopter motor...
  9. MonsterMetal

Half a Lugi

Well the red hot Tabasco Lugi kind of sputtered out. My plans where to build a aluminum tank, "Moon" disks for the wheels and maybe even an aluminum bodied sidecar... But It just wasnt in the cards this year, not enough time to do much of anything... So the Lugi is not really "done" but...
  10. MonsterMetal

How to REALLY build a Jig (Anvil did good)

My partner just bought an Anvil jig. We are going to start building a fixed gear frame in the near future and have a 29'er on the table... This thing is the coolest freakin thing I have ever seen... only down side is the sucker is just over four grand with shipping...
  11. MonsterMetal

The Tabasco Lugi ( Or Hot Spit )

Well..... Here we go again hu? I dont have as much time to invest this year so hardcore fabrication is not likely to happen. And as far as "bikes" go I am leaning in a diffrent direction. I feel like I gotta step up and build something... But It is going to be much more mainstream...
  12. MonsterMetal

Freakin killer trials rider...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPa ... r_embedded
  13. MonsterMetal

Cool ODI grip video

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/clip?id=4011795&categoryid=null Pretty cool stuff
  14. MonsterMetal

Flying Merkel

I sold a bunch of my Boeing bikes to a local who does board track replicas.... Here is one he just build out of a Worksman.. Not mine... But to nice not to share..
  15. MonsterMetal

Now thats a REAL truck....

This guy is a Dentist.... Stopped by my shop in his grocery getter.. my partner Joe is working on a gas tank for his Porsche.. I am in love with this thing... I have seen quite a few Mog's but this is by far the coolest.. The roof of my Sonoma 4 X 4 doesnt even come up to the bottom of...
  16. MonsterMetal

Dyno - Rama !! ( Or Dyno - Might !! )

A couple new Dyno's.. A super sweet just like new Taboo Tiki.... Came with the correct grips and the light. And this.. Which I think is called a "Woody" ?? I think when the weather warms up I'll try and flip these on the "bay"
  17. MonsterMetal

Really? You sure you want to just Give them to me?

So I had a guy come by the shop today and talk to my shop mate about fixing a light mount on a trailer... the guy leaves... comes back with the trailer half an hour later or something and while Joe fixes it I chat with him a bit and he wanders around and looks at my junk.... When Joe is...
  18. MonsterMetal

Velobase.com

Im sure many of you guys know about this site.. But I didnt so I figured there are others that are unaware as well.. Seems like a really great resource http://www.velobase.com
  19. MonsterMetal

Vote for my Brothers Girlfriend!! Ms Extreme 2009!!

My little brother, Who lives in Boise Id sent me this link to vote for his girlfriend Abby..... He didn't ask me to do this but I know for a fact Abby should win this contest. She is trailing badly so I thought I would try and enlist a few of you guys to get her vote count up...
  20. MonsterMetal

My first scratch built fixie...

I dont know a thing about track bikes but my son wanted one for Christmas... So my friend who does know a thing or too designed this bike. I am going to build a second one for him.. this one is my kids.... its 4130 molly... double butted , fully tig welded. the thing is built like a tank...
Back