Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

I wish I could say it runs, but there has been a added problem. Since the jackshaft is multi speed, the way it's set up the rear wheel can't turn the engine. I get half a peddle to start the engine. It's not enough. So I ordered a pull start for it. Everything else is ready to run. I'd rather...
  2. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

Got the intake made and installed but it's to long, by one inch, so no start up today :(
  3. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

Now for the final problem, the fact that there is no space for the carburetor with the stock intake manifold. So I say I'll build my own... ;) If it works I can finally fire this dog up and see how fast it will be. 100cc with a 7 speed cassette.
  4. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

Well I said I'm gonna stretch this bike 2 inches, goal achieved. Now with plenty of chain room, all chains will be installed. Only one problem left to tend too. I think the newer dolomite are longer, it sure looks better.
  5. Ajames

Vintage Western Flyer

It seemed every time I took the western flyer out for a ride it would get harder to peddle the bike. It seemed like the spokes would loosen them selves. The old rim would stretch where the nipples go, sort of pulling through the holes a little more each ride. So I kept the original hubs and...
  6. Ajames

how to Bike Rally for Ukraine

This truly is about helping folks, when it comes to politics I avoid it as well. But I think I can achieve this goal, starting with my local bike shops and the police impound which have hundreds of bikes here. I believe I can raise a few hundred bicycles and store them at the police department...
  7. Ajames

Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash Challenge II

Has anyone done a pickup version with the caddy wagon...
  8. Ajames

how to Bike Rally for Ukraine

I keep seeing images of cyclist killed on their bicycles in Ukraine and it really makes me seriously angry 😠. I can't sit by anymore, I feel like I got to do something, even something small like a bike rally where folks can donate bicycles to be shipped to Ukraine. Is this possible and how do...
  9. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

Yeppers, I did hone out the center especially with how minor the size difference was. With this bike it didn't matter, the chain couldn't get around the wider tire without a jackshaft, but these multi speed jackshaft eliminate the need for the rear sprocket that comes with the engine kit. In my...
  10. Ajames

Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash Challenge II

I'm not sure if my model is considered as a rat rod, but what I have is a 1/4 scale jet powered kenworth drag racing truck. It runs on diesel. I also built the jet engine from scratch and the body.
  11. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

As I said, this project has faught me the whole way through. As you can see the bike is 90 percent complete. Just two problems left, the jackshaft sprocket is way too close to the oversized tire. So my solution is to extend the drop ins. Yep I said it, I'm gonna stretch the wheel base out 2...
  12. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

Onward with the desert rat bike, well of course the bike has taught me the whole way through this gas engine install. Everything had to be modified to make it fit, these dolomite bikes are truly not made for the common bicycle engine. A new problem occurred with the kick stand, since the bike...
  13. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

Thank you rusty... :)
  14. Ajames

Felt Cruiser Build

😆
  15. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

If you look carefully in the pics you can see the rear fender of the Keystone bike. The firemen was very respectable to it, with the fire hose four fighters and one electrical fire, and yet not one scratch on the bike. Fire fighters rock :)
  16. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

Well there will be a short delay in my builds. Saturday morning I wake up to fireman telling me to get out of the house, half asleep and freaked out I leave the house only to see 4 pumper and a lot of smoke coming from the roof. At that time there was no smoke in the house, it all went through...
  17. Ajames

Green pea picker

It just saddens me when folks let bicycles deteriorate like this. It's still worthy to be freshened up, new chain and bearings, replace a couple of parts. The paint is actually in pretty good shape and most of the chrome will clean up with #0000 steelwhool and motor oil then a good chrome...
  18. Ajames

Desert Rat M1

Night shot of the lighting system.
  19. Ajames

Green pea picker

My boss once and a while finds some pretty cool bikes like this schwin green pea picker. Due to be restored... ;)
  20. Ajames

Friction Drive system

Two reasons why the knobby tires, as a hubless bike I wanted an aggressive look and later it became obvious that the knobby tire would provide a gear like connection. For a short period before the foam filled tires flattened, the traction gear was working perfectly, as the tire flattened it...
Back