Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. HBob

What do you listen to when you ride?

Bringing along an iPod has become a big part of my going for a ride these days. (I ride on bike paths so hearing the traffic isn't that big a deal and I don't turn it up too loud.) Current favorite ride music this last month; Yo La Tengo Pere Ubu Pixies
  2. HBob

My headlight just flew off!

I was riding my Schwinn today and my Electra Bullet headlight broke off! The mounting arm snapped right in two at the bend where it bolts to the bike. I did get my money back from the LBS so that was cool. Anyone else have this happen? Is there a better retro style headlight to get? I would...
  3. HBob

Any idea what's wrong here? Pedals/crank slipping?

I went for a ride today and while I'd noticed this before it was getting worse today. When I pedal hard ( New Schwinn Coaster SSX - single speed ) it felt like the crank/pedal/chain slipped a few times. I thought it might be a loose kickstand bouncing around the other day but it felt weired...
  4. HBob

Huffy Thunder Road pic! Anyone else have one of these?

This was a very popular bike when I was a kid. The bike you got when you asked for a motorcycle. I remember the seat was dang comfy.
  5. HBob

Not really a bike, but man was it fun!

My dad bought one of these when I was a kid. We had a blast with it for a few years. A bugger going up hills but a blast going down. :D
  6. HBob

Do different handlebars workout different muscles?

I'm thinking about putting some apehangers or moustache style handlebars on my Schwinn Cruiser. ( Polar opposites, I know. ) Which set, if either, will give my stomach a better workout? I like the Wald 867 and Wald 869 but I'm looking for black - and cheap. Any ideas other than sanding and...
  7. HBob

Howdy!

Another Texan here! I just got my new bike from Mitch at Bicycle Exchange this weekend! Pretty boring compared to the bikes around here but I'm new to this. Haven't been doing any riding after my wife took a bad spill several years ago. Guess it kinda freaked me out! Anyway, I've been a...
Back