Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BillCigar

Daddy Long Legs

Bikeman taught me a ton, him and RJ The Bike Guy. Bikeman is a bruiser. RJ is a finesse dude. They both have their place. Can't thank them enough.
  2. BillCigar

70's Huffy cruiser

Thank you kindly, good Sir.
  3. BillCigar

70's Huffy cruiser

No, I replaced the original Wald 21.1 stem. It was bent. The hubs are presumably original, the owner's name is engraved on the rims & frame. The front hub is a Mark 80. The rear is a Sachs Jet coaster.
  4. BillCigar

70's Huffy cruiser

lol. Same bike. Now I believe it may be a 1967. It would be nice to know for sure, as I am a data guy. Probably call Huffy again and ask... again. Last time they said the serial number I had was incorrect. Looks legible to me. Again...I'm a data guy, I need data. lol.
  5. BillCigar

70's Huffy cruiser

Hey guys. I built up this huffy to my liking. Can anyone help me with a year of manufacturing? As for valuation... it has definite value to me, and that's all that matters. Thanks in advance. The upper number appears to be C70494 The lower number is 2640T One question. Why are there 2...
  6. BillCigar

Jeff Goldbloom on Bikes

Here is a link to The world according to Jeff Goldbloom episode 7: BIKES, everyone can watch. No subscription needed. I have been using this online streaming site for about 2 years, never suspected anything shady on this site. Clicking on "play" will open a new ad window, close it and...
  7. BillCigar

Goldblum on bikes.

Here is a link to The world according to Jeff Goldbloom episode 7: bikes, that everyone can watch. No subscription needed. I have been using this online streaming site for about 2 years, never suspected anything shady on this site. Clicking on "play" will open a new ad window, close it and click...
  8. BillCigar

What are you listening to?

Lately it has been Bigfoot encounters podcasts. Dixie Cryptid on YT has been a favorite. https://www.youtube.com/c/DixieCryptid
  9. BillCigar

Boiled linseed oil on chrome

Wax it is. Thanks to all.
  10. BillCigar

No replies? Anyone?
  11. BillCigar

Will BLO stick to chrome fenders? I am working on a early 60"s Hawthorn women's cruiser a friend got for her 11th B Day. Gonna clean it, but try to keep the rusty patina.
  12. BillCigar

Should I build a bike or buy?

Don't forget about BikemanforU on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/BikemanforU/featured While he is a bruiser, he is very helpful. RJ is a finesse guy. Sheldon... what cannot be found on his site? Bikeman comes from a different place, 40 years of owning a bike shop. Whatever it takes, he...
  13. BillCigar

Seat Post Size Question ...

Thank you, Sir. I just wish I could take credit for the idea. Like all my best cycle work-arounds, the original idea came from an experienced gentleman here on RRB forums. If I could remember who it was, he would get full credit for sure. I am just glad I could pass it on. Thanks to everyone...
  14. BillCigar

Seat Post Size Question ...

I had the same problem with my 74 Huffy Easy Going cruiser. 13/16 was too small and 7/8 was too big. I tried the 13/16 - 7/8 shim and( while it did fit well ), the steel 13/ 16 post bent the first time out. So... I purchased a 7/8" 6061 aluminum solid rod. Took a sharp rat tail file to the...
  15. BillCigar

What's your "go-to" bike?

I have 4 bikes and they all are good, MTB w/slicks for the hilly, paved 21 mile bike trail at KKK state park. 26" BMX with flat bars for around the neighborhood . '74 huffy cruiser for the nostalgic rides. 20" BMX for playing in the alley, behind the house. Can't pick just 1. I have given...
  16. BillCigar

OK Guys! How does this bike seat grab you???????

Can't find anything, anywhere. Post a link, if you run across one. Thanks
  17. BillCigar

I like it. Would look good on my red Huffy. Might look on Ebay for it. Where did you see it?
  18. BillCigar

lol. might want to ride it every day
  19. BillCigar

New Guy with a (Don't Laugh) Walmart Bike

Take the remainder of the wire fence to your local scrap yard and get some free money for it. Free money to spend on your new bike.
Back