Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

Retro Racer

Subscribed. Will look great when it's done!
  2. P

The Black Schwinn

I like it. Looks like a track motorcycle from the 50's. Have you thought about flipping the handlebars?
  3. P

Jetstream VeloCruiser

Thank you for the pic help, I'll add the other two here: Muddywater, thanks for the compliment! It is at this point a bit of a bolt together, and I know how those tend to be regarded here; however, I do have some welding and chopping yet to do. And more importantly the bike is what I had...
  4. P

Tour De Fat

Tour de fat fort collins: there were a few bikes there... http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rdytc0.jpg This is only one part of the parking area, about a half block from the brewery, I took pictures all the way leaving the brewery of the stacks and stacks of bikes locked up. Last year...
  5. P

Jetstream VeloCruiser

This is my bike as it sits in its current incarnation. I have some changes needing to be made and still some parts to go on, but I had to have it running for tour de fat which was last saturday, and as a result my friend had a camera for the picture taking. Here's a stock photo of how it started...
  6. P

Tour De Fat

I was there. Waiting on my friend to burn a CD with pics from her camera. There were sooo many bikes. I was pulling a trailer behind my bike that my friend was riding in. Both he and his girlfriend were a dressed up as dice. Like I said, I'm going to post pics as soon as I can.
  7. P

hand brake levers

Just put the brake pads real close to the wheel, then you have to pull a shorter distance. From what I understand the mechanical advantage of road bike handles is less than the mechanical advantage of say, a mountain bike lever. So you will need to squeeze harder on the road bike brakes compared...
  8. P

Cut Steering Tube on new springer fork

:x I can't stand you guys. You need your tubes shorter, I need to grow mine by an inch. :( If you end up cutting the threads and need to bend the little L shaped piece that the spring bolt goes into, you can heat it up and bend it. Just be careful as I started heating up a different piece of...
  9. P

DESERT RAT ROCKET

It's a nice looking bike, but I agree the forks/handlebars stick out. I would integrate that color into at least one more component. Maybe chain guard and rear basket? Or basket and crank gear?
  10. P

Let me see your 27inch cruisers

Adapt, the second one looks really elegant and the pink to green beast looks amazing. The 27" tires I have are not road tires but a hybrid mountain/road type tire with brown chording on the sides, so I thought it could look good on a retro frame. Definitely want to see more. :)
  11. P

Let me see your 27inch cruisers

Pulled a set of 27 inch wheels off the commuter I'm building. Now looking at theses tires, and seeing a picture of someone with a 27" front wheel on their bike, I'm thinking about the possibilities of slapping these on a smaller frame. So give me some inspiration!
  12. P

keeping the shiny stuff shiny

Mother's Powerball mini drill attachment?
  13. P

PAY IT BACK

Are you still giving it back to the original owner? Turned out amazing!
  14. P

Mission Accomplished

Which tour de fat are you going to? I'll be at Tour de Fat Fort Collins with my 14 speed speedster cruiser and *hopefully* will have my friend's side car built up. How do you attach the ammo cans? Best saddle bags out there. Durable and water proof.
  15. P

Salt Flats Sears

Nice. :D Simple and well executed. I'm building off a similar idea, and I love the name you've given it. I've been toying with the idea of aero wheels, and if you want to call it a salt flat racer, maybe a set of silver aero covers are in need? :mrgreen:
  16. P

Pinky Racer (24" Hiawatha)

Wow! You did a really great job reviving that bike!
  17. P

Swiss Army Bike

I was in my local surplus store today, and they have a bike nearly identical to the one you originally posted. The only thing missing is the bag between the down tube and top tube.
  18. P

Swiss Army Bike

Something that might complete the bike, and is something I saw on another military bike is using a military flashlight as a headlight. The particular one I saw was one of the L shaped flashlights that was attached to the headtube.
  19. P

Need side car help

Ok, the build is on. I picked up steel jogging stroller today from craigslist. Will be welding on some bracing. Also needs a new seat, and I think I will use some 1/8" rod bent into curves wrapped with canvas to make the profile more sleek.
  20. P

Brass Wool, Where?

Have you looked in the dremel aisle? I have 3 different brass wire attachments for my dremel (came in a huge kit with just about every dremel attachment they make)
Back