Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. E

wrights leather seat

so i got a Wrights leather saddle at a swap meet a while back and its super stiff cuz it was never ridden. so its in great shape. but it hurts the crap outta my butt! ive got it on my mountain bike right now. i know that leather saddles like that are really comfy once there properly worn in. so...
  2. E

kickstand mag issue august/september???

has anybody gotten the newest issue of kickstand yet? ive been dying to get the latest one. the last one i got was the one with the girl on the cover with the blue cruiser with flowers on it. just seeing if anybody had gotten any different issues since then. maybe im just impatient..... :roll...
  3. E

1000 posts!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!

WOW!!! this is my 1000th post. i never thought id ever reach 1000 posts! but its finally here. after all the countless hours lost looking on here at all the cool bikes and builds and inspriation. this is by far my favorite sie on the internet, craigslist is a close 2nd!! thanks to steve for...
  4. E

Wax On....Wax Off....

so ive heard of a few guys saying that to bring back the old paint on a bike theyll clean the bike and then give it a few good coats of wax. what kind of wax are you guys using? is it like just regualr ol' car wax and is there any special way to apply such said wax? just curious as i have a...
  5. E

what would you pay for this??

what we have here is an AMF Hawk 5. well thats what the sticker says anyways! my question you guys is what would you all pay for something like this? there is a vintage BMX swap meet this weekend in a town near by and im thinking about getting rid of this bike cuz i could use the cash. what...
  6. E

Daddys Little Helper

i shouldve posted this along time ago, but ive been so busy with her and the build off and ive just been slackin off alot lately. i gotta give a big thanks to my buddy jon for making the onesie for me. thanks man!!! so without further a-do, lemme introduce you all to the newest member of my...
  7. E

another year has passed....

well today i turn 24! another year has passed. its been a great year though, got a new truck, got lots of new old bikes, got married, had a beautiful little girl a few months back. Yea! id say its been a good year.....i know its only 9:15am here in KC MO, but tip your glass and toast to...
  8. E

i have made the switch to the dark side!!!

i snagged this 80s Diamond Back BMX from my neighbor this past weekend. dont really know too much about it other than its FREAKING SWEET!!!! lol :lol: its got a tange fork, mag lite front wheel, back is a junk wheel. tuff neck stem, dia compe brakes, oiginal huge knobbie tires, HWA FONG is what...
  9. E

The Rat Scraper(not a scraper bike i promise!)

finally i have a pedal scraper! i love this bike to death and it rides like a dream!!! frame is a 60s schwinn fleet, wheels off a womens junk huffy, twisted lowrider fork courtesy of my man fast eddie!! and rusty apes from Skoda. rear fenders been bobbed and pointed. but be careful when around...
  10. E

Mini Rat!!

just thought id post up a few pics of my latest daily rider!! yea thats right, i ride this thing daily!! bike is a huffy rock it 12inch, with a 20 inch NEXT brand fork, 3ft apes and a rad 10minute paintjob. i took it to the bug blitz car/ bike show last weekend and it was probably one of the...
  11. E

AIR RAID!!!( Chain Guard pics!!! July 18th!!!)

well im in finally. i missed RRBBO3, and i decided i wasnt gonna miss this one!!! im really looking forward to this as this will be my very first, FULLY DOCUMENTED BUILD on RRB.com!!! im super stoked. i have no intentions of winning this competition, i just really wanna see my bike in such a...
  12. E

what kind of tank would go here?

im wanting to redo this bike for my grandmother as it was hers when she was younger, i noticed it has tabs on the back of the headtube like there should be a tank attached to it. can anyone tell me what kind of tank should be there? better yet a picture of one, and if anybody has one for sale...
  13. E

western flyer grips

does anybody know if they made grips like these western flyer ones but in yellow? like the green ones in the bottom of the picture i kinda want a pair for my next build and just thought id see if they even made grips like that. thanks guys! Easy E
  14. E

anybody tell me what this is?

this bike is at an estate sale that im gonna swing by tomorrow after i get off work. just curious as to what it might be. dropouts look huge, seats obviously not original, chainring is WF.......kinda a cool frame though. any help would be appreciated fellas!!! thanks in advance! Easy E
  15. E

X Mods RC Cars

anybody have any interest in the X Mods RC Cars? i was really into, maybe a little too in to it! and now im trying to sell off my stuff on Ebay and just thought id let all you guys have a look at it too. ive got almost $350 invested in all of it but due to the fact that most all of it has been...
  16. E

need to know what this is worth

so ive got a interested buyer for this bike already, but he wants to know what im wanting for it. i dont even know what its worth! schwinn metro cycle. SA 3speed out back, schwinn approved front hub, brand new kenda biscuits, the only thing thats not original on this bike is the grips. any...
  17. E

schwinn tornado

added pics***** so i picked up a schwinn tornado this weekend at an auction for $12.50! it looks to be all O.G. the only thing that looks suspicious to me is that the frame is orange instead of black like all the other ones ive seen. but its a factory orange from schwinn. the fork is black with...
  18. E

my pics from world of wheels 2009(pic heavy)

so world of wheels was last weekend, and i put a few bikes in it for the first time this year! i was super excited about being a part of the show and just getting to be there. it was a long weekend but it was a lot of fun. here is just a FEW of the over 200 pictures i took. there was only about...
  19. E

pickup truckbed bike rack

so im lookin to build a simple and easy bike rack for the bed of my truck. id like it to hold 3bikes if it all possible. ive got a few 2x4s layin around so if anybody knows how to make a homemade bike rack outta a few 2x4s, let me know!!! oh yea i need to make this by this weekend!!! Easy E
  20. E

fittin a 26x3

i bought a 26x3 kenda flame today from bicyclerick. and heres my problem, it wont fit. lol it rubs on the top two bars and the bottom two bars.(1979 schwinn heavy duty frame on schwinn heavy duty wheels) how can i get it to fit properly? i need to get this done quickly cuz this bike is goin in a...
Back