Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. John DelGato

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Thanks! btw: Your recent fresh find has me rethinking possibilities for my 61 spitfire!
  2. John DelGato

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

.... a couple of "up-and-comers": 24" 62 Tiger seen here resting on some 26"ers... 26" Spitfire... Rebuild of my 61 Tornado.
  3. John DelGato

What have you been riding lately?

Is that a "Pixie" chain ring? That's a nice touch. I've been wanting to do that to one of my bikes!
  4. John DelGato

"New to Wheel building" Question

Thanks all for the input! The number is actually 36. Somehow I added a couple more spokes the first time. You all have given me plenty to consider. Thanks!
  5. John DelGato

Withdrawn Schwinn S-7 24” Wheel set

Are these "ready to roll"?... that is, will they require any work? They look pretty sharp! I'd like to see a top view of those tires. Digging the old-school piecrust!
  6. John DelGato

"New to Wheel building" Question

I don't believe what I'd like to do is possible, but I've learned here it's usually worth asking. Is it possible to build a 26" or 24" wheel using an in-hub 2 speed from a 27"? I have counted the spokes on 3 rear wheels I have handy: -27" with 40 spokes -26" with 38 spokes -24" with 36 spokes...
  7. John DelGato

62 SchwinnTiger 24"

It's the fun that matters! I try not to think about how I must look riding ;) Thanks for sharing. Green bikes rule!!!
  8. John DelGato

62 SchwinnTiger 24"

... pictures?
  9. John DelGato

62 SchwinnTiger 24"

Somewhere around here I have a 24" nanner from a sears muscle-bike.
  10. John DelGato

62 SchwinnTiger 24"

I've been throwing parts at it for days. Nothing is speaking to yet :)
  11. John DelGato

Schwinn built-in kickstands?

The Tiger frame I have pictured is a 24". I may build this up with a 26" wheel in back and 24" up front. Do you suppose this would call for a custom size stand?
  12. John DelGato

Thanks!
  13. John DelGato

I have a number of 62 Schwinns now, and know nothing of maintaining, removing, installing, rehabbing the incorporated kickstand or it's parts. The latest frame I have picked up is missing the stand; there's simply an empty socket. Any info, advise, experience would be greatly appreciated.
  14. John DelGato

Huffy Daisy Tandem

I curious what color that is. Strikes me as Torque 'n Teal.
  15. John DelGato

62 SchwinnTiger 24"

Found at a local antique mall for under $ 40... ....At first I thought this was a 20" frame . I may try building it as a scaled up Stringray.
  16. John DelGato

Huffy Sportsman

You're right about that chrome. I was nearly blinded once I wiped away the decades of barn dist from that hub!
  17. John DelGato

Huffy Sportsman

I expect there might be more to it, but I see a "62" just above the words "THREE SPEED".
  18. John DelGato

saw this for sale. what is it?

He had it marked $100 but immediately came down to 70.
  19. John DelGato

BAD NEWS: My Twisted Take on a Western Flyer Newsboy Special

All of your I hope I didn't sound discouraging somehow. All your work looks great! I'll be watching your progress and taking notes.
  20. John DelGato

saw this for sale. what is it?

The dropouts and frame style have me thinking 50's. I didn't get a look at the serial number. Any ballpark estimates on the year?
Back