Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. IronSpadeCycles

New Chopper build started today...

Man it has been quite a while since I've been on here. I've been very busy building cafe racers for customers and my own motorcycles. I've been bouncing around a few ideas for another cruiser bike with an even sicker girder style front end. I'm working on a project currently for a customer that...
  2. IronSpadeCycles

Damon's Demon Serial #665

Sorry for the delay everyone. I've actually taken a few months off of any bike related work. My grandmother, who last August was in perfectly good health took a turn for the worst around Christmas. She had fallen out of bed at her assisted living home sometime in the middle of the night and had...
  3. IronSpadeCycles

How To Ship a Bike (Please read and contribute)

Larry you pretty much covered all the key areas and I really didn't have much to add other than possibly one thing I do especially when flying with a bike is to wrap small parts in bubble wrap, then shrink wrap and then if you can fit them inside the spokes of the wheels. That keeps them from...
  4. IronSpadeCycles

How To Ship a Bike (Please read and contribute)

Wait a minute, I'm confused, I thought you were out of the bike business, something about being way too busy, bla bla bla.... Good to see your still around. Later Travis
  5. IronSpadeCycles

18/16 Speedway bike

Who was the guy in CO that owned the bike shop? I lived in Denver for 14 years and helped start the Denver Cruisers back in 1999. I'm just curious who you were refering to. Later Travis
  6. IronSpadeCycles

1960 Diamant Touren-Sport - "Silent Bob"

That first picture under "Step 4" with the lighting the way it was looks almost like flat orange and is totally giving me inspiration for a fat tire track bike I'm building to start training on cause I need to shed some winter weight this coming Spring. :mrgreen: Great work, Later Travis
  7. IronSpadeCycles

MY CUSTOM ART BIKE

At first I thought it was a Christmas theme until I looked closer at the red drips and the little white eyes and nose of the skulls. That's kind of cool in its own way. I'm not sure whats going on with the rainbow effect on the chain guard but it all looks pretty cool, good work! Later Travis
  8. IronSpadeCycles

the GoatHead

I found the company that makes the Pebbler tools, are you kidding me? $65 for each size when Tandy leather tools are like $6-$10 each. Too bad Tandy doesn't make one. Owell. Hey I called you and left a message but I never heard back from you. PM me your email so I can send you an image and you...
  9. IronSpadeCycles

Definitely not street legal in any state and yes they use 17 or 18" drum brake wheels from old Honda CT90 trail bikes. You can find them in every motorcycle junk yard for next to nothing. I just happened to have 6 of them in my shop from old junkers and we went to a salvage yard near Austin to...
  10. IronSpadeCycles

this has been removed.
  11. IronSpadeCycles

@@ Blackhawk @@ Phase 4 Speedo Score!!

Re: @@ Blackhawk @@ Phase 2 Fenders added! Looks like someone's got a serious Matchbox problem! Later T
  12. IronSpadeCycles

Turnigy HXT Powered Custom Cruiser Worklog

This may be a mute point suggestion but have you thought at all about lining the inside of your enclosure with Nomex? It could be some cheap insurance that keeps your manhood intact in the event of a burn down at speed. Most race car shops carry a self adhesive fire barrier material for...
  13. IronSpadeCycles

just another bike

Chainy its a Tire Smoking Jacket! Later Travis
  14. IronSpadeCycles

Bike recycle project

Another source to not overlook is police impounds. If you can get in with the local police force and help them understand your overall goal and mission is to help the community, 9 times out of 10 they will just give you all the unclaimed bikes from the impound. I worked with a guy in Denver...
  15. IronSpadeCycles

1969 Eatons Glider *Muscle*

I find it truly amazing that Sturmey Archer is still in business. There had to be thousands of castrated young males back in the mid 70's that sued for their manhood back. That one looks like a real ball cutter! Later Travis
  16. IronSpadeCycles

No worries Ref, its all good. I figured I ought to post a few pictures of my friend Damon so you's guys can better imagine who and why I'm building this bike for. You got to understand that even though he really is old enough to be my father, I've never really thought of him as anything more...
  17. IronSpadeCycles

the GoatHead

No doubt! Major kudo's brother. Just curious, since I've done a fair bit of tooling myself, how long did it take you to draw that up and carve it out? And what tool did you use to get the background texture around the goat head? How would you feel about doing some work for me? Shoot me a PM if...
  18. IronSpadeCycles

Turnigy HXT Powered Custom Cruiser Worklog

Dude, I'm just curious but what are you going to do when you finish this thing? We all may never hear from you again. LOL :wink: Late T
  19. IronSpadeCycles

Brain fork build

Yeah Chain, the top spring and bottom springs are preloaded as you tighten the crown nuts. As the fork travels through its compression stroke the top springs can often become totally slack but keep the fork from slamming back down on the rebound stroke. It works surprisingly well at the low...
  20. IronSpadeCycles

Project Started

Wow dude, that's brave starting a complete bike build around a 70's his and hers chopper seat. I like it, if you need any advice by all means give me a hollar. I've been in the vintage chopper business since 1996 building old school bob's and chops around Triumph and Norton engines. I might be...
Back