Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Dominicus

Funky Fade ‘68 Runabout

Score! Years on the hunt for a Runabout to redo and finally a local one showed up. Still had the original tubes in there. Brown like a coffee spill. Paint was beat and was poorly applied at the factory. Maybe they would have sold more if they didn’t pick terrible paint. Not that I did much...
  2. Dominicus

Trike for Two

Aaaaaaand I fold. Two cars gave out within a month. Ye old W123c Benz had already lost an oil line & was gone…Hyundai was just being a Hyundai and whatever miracle good wizard spell that was cast on ours for it to function catastrophe free for so long has worn off. I’m re-focusing priorities and...
  3. Dominicus

Drake(Maybe)

This is awesome, top fuel trike!
  4. Dominicus

Trike for Two

No promises … it is a 16” Stingray Yes vice grips are barely holding it together in the photo. Those are S7’s but I’d rather run the 3” slicks. Bricks would have less drag though. The frame is heavy…I think it is made of metal, Bondo, 18 layers of metal flake and neutron star. Problem is I...
  5. Dominicus

Mini Apple Krate-A-Bout

Now it’s called Pee-Wheelie! 1970 midget that I have yet to repaint. Stupid fun wheelie machine that fits in a duffel bag...or is that pronounced douchel? I ride it more than any other bike since I always have it in the car. People stop and chat you up with this one. I just added the 12” front...
  6. Dominicus

Pee-Wheee!

Thanks! I really liked the continuous line on that last one but I kept kneeing myself in the chin.
  7. Dominicus

Pee-Wheee!

Cheers all. Another one of those “guess I‘m fated to get that green bike” bikes. Had that feeling when I first saw it advertised. I saw it for sale on and off a few times over the last year or more and finally caved. I’ve been down cause a friend had just passed and inquired…cause buying...
  8. Dominicus

Pee-Wheee!

Pee Wee is gonna have another 16” groovy sibling… I think this was done in the 60’s…at least 6 different paint jobs judging from the layers exposed by the chips.
  9. Dominicus

Pee-Wheee!

I tried living with the S7’s but the available tires are bunk. These whitewalls are lumpy. I’m looking for either a 16” chrome run a bout rim or a 28H geared hub with roller or coaster that I can lace on these steel rims. Love the Slik…Meh on the silver rims…might go with white. Love the...
  10. Dominicus

Schwinn exercise bike sprocket

messaged.
  11. Dominicus

Pee-Wheee!

You all know what to do! Scream real loud! Arrrrrrrrrr! Hey boys and girls what’s this? A tiny bike! Ha ha! Haaaaa ha ha! It’s a kids bike with an identity complex! This repainted ‘70 Stingray Midget arrived yesterday got a once over and has logged several more miles by an adult on what are...
  12. Dominicus

Tilting e-trike

Great engineering! How do you set the tilt break? Be cool to change that as you ride. What is the plan for the stem at the very rear & does it tilt too?
  13. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

WV front from etsy…cut off the lower half and added the chrome door strips. Think it needs something in the windows. Yes, the rack is out of whack. Saving all the final adjustments for when the big knobby whitewall tires get in. Basket…was not my idea. I was thinking of a basket that you place...
  14. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

Thanks! You are correct, I used 6 colors of translucent rattle can “metalcast” paint over a silver base. I did test paint on a table and found out how much space I could fit the full spectrum & started the spiral with purple at the crank at the chainguard. Then I filled it in. I tried to do the...
  15. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

Thanks! I was considering adding a white strip on all the struts to match the whitewalls & further that illusion. I dig those tires! The rear rack, front rack and the buss front end ”windscreen“ and “v” sections will all be black in order to evoke the upper body line of a bus. Should have those...
  16. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

It’s a rider! I think it really needs some taller fatter tires…maybe knobies.
  17. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

This one has taken much longer than expected but should be rideable this weekend. Front rack is on…big flop issues so I’m looking into a SteerStopper to lock the forks straight when parking. Ordered a VW bus cutout from Etsy that I’ll adapt for the front. Original back rack would not fit so I...
  18. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

Yup, that’s exactly the plan for the front. The V section up, with the lights on either side. I had a piece of steel but it wasn’t large enough to get the windshield and roof arc. I am now thinking aluminum and likely using chrome car door trim for along the V. I may also paint the headlight...
  19. Dominicus

VW Bus Bike

Started with a Cranbrook. Build inspiration is a VW Bus. Bike will have a front rack with dual headlights. Rear will have folding racks with VW hubcaps and a 3 speed nexus hub. I had to do some repainting but now the Color(s) is done, clear next. my original rear rack choice doesn’t fit...any...
  20. Dominicus

1968 Schwinn 24/20 Custom

Great build! Is that a Corvette? I don’t recall a 24 with a head tube that short...did you shorten the head tube? Is that a socket in there?
Back