Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. dougfisk

Need help with a recent find... Its a 30s Aerocycle

Much sound advice here. Don't try to "improve" it. There is nothing you can do that will not detract. Don't take anything off, don't put anything on. Don't even wash it. Sell it as found. You already won the lottery, nothing left but to market it effectively.
  2. dougfisk

Stuck stem! Any suggestions?

bent they are... as are most... no big whoop... ;)
  3. dougfisk

Video walk around of unknown Skiptooth. Help!!

Shelby built frame - '41ish to '52ish(?)
  4. dougfisk

Yet another unknown from Mempis Bicycle score

it's 1940'ish westfield built
  5. dougfisk

Okay guys, you have nailed every one so far....

Murray built - 1946. The rear facing dropout and dropstand ears are a relatively rarer version of this frame. The fork is probably not original.
  6. dougfisk

anyone near Toledo, OH?

nevermind...
  7. dougfisk

anyone near Toledo, OH?

Would anyone near Toledo OH be willing to pick up and ship? ...a classic Seller can not or will not... PM me if interested
  8. dougfisk

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

This photo is dated 1941, and the bike is Shelby-built: Here is a closeup of the headbadge - anybody recognize it?
  9. dougfisk

BIKEFLIGHTS.COM - MY EXPERIENCE

I used bikeflights to ship a bike last week. Great prices, excellent service, idiot proof actually. Please use this service so that they might survive and prosper!
  10. dougfisk

Which Prewar Schwinn Forks are Strongest?

I read something once that the early builders claimed prewar Colson forged flat bladed forks were strongest...FWIW. I spend a lot of time bending [unbending(?)] forks and I say the ashtabula style are much stiffer, more resistant to bending, spring-like.
  11. dougfisk

Murray Astro Flight

Lovin it.:)
  12. dougfisk

Please ID these rims?

Thank you gentlemen... your assessment is credible... I believe you are probably right. :)
  13. dougfisk

1936 Schwinn "C Model"

And for any obsessive complete-ists out there... extra parts!
  14. dougfisk

my ratty bikes so far ( uk )

I favor this one, excellent start.
  15. dougfisk

Please ID these rims?

one-week bump :) Surely somebody has seen these before? :confused:
  16. dougfisk

1936 Schwinn "C Model"

I used the ringed grips as that is how this model is pictured in the 36 catalog. These bikes came with a down stem like the earlier motobikes. But with the high bottom bracket we need a riser stem to have any knee clearance. The seat is one of my bulletproof late 40's Troxels. They seem to...
  17. dougfisk

1936 Schwinn "C Model"

The drivetrain is a NOS "Crown" 52T chainwheel as there are no commonly available 1inch cogs for this hub, The rear cog is 20 tooth. Most of the Perry hubs use the European sized 34mm screw on cogs, and I don't have an 18T, so for now we use the OEM 20T. The crank is the original "36" marked...
  18. dougfisk

1936 Schwinn "C Model"

They have a steeper head tube angle than the upmarket Schwinn straightbars, and steeper than any other ballooner that I have ever handled. This combined with the flatter curve and closer spacing of the topbar gives them a racier look.
  19. dougfisk

1936 Schwinn "C Model"

I had these rims that are more recent drop centers; we think perhaps 80's vintage Murray sourced? The rear hub is another of my many English '50's manufactured Perrys... which is a licensed copy of the German F&S Torpedo design dating back to 1903 or so. The front hub is a German...
  20. dougfisk

Please ID these rims?

oops... I had changed folders... all fixed now... :oops:
Back