Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. JonTheGun

trike build ALL DONE 6/16/10

Re: trike build Wow! That trike is gunna be hench! Seriously cool build. A touch of rake up front could look good, I think it would stop the trike from looking too compact and heavy.
  2. JonTheGun

new from uk

Hello there! If you know what bike you're after then these guys are pretty good... www.reidelow.co.uk ...they seem to stock loads of Electra bikes.
  3. JonTheGun

3 speed racer

Cool ride. Love the crown on those forks!
  4. JonTheGun

Jumping Cruisers

Looks like fun! Athough it did remind me of this.
  5. JonTheGun

The Daily Nail

Yeah, I like the green. I think it would look very dull without it. I just took my time painting the headset with a tiny brush. Chipped it when I bashed the cups into the frame and had to re-do it again! :lol:
  6. JonTheGun

The Daily Nail

Haha, glad you like it. But I would encourage you to go for a frame that uses more universal measurements as I struggled with stuff like the headset on this bike. Other frames with more common sizes would make your build much more pleasurable and give you more options!
  7. JonTheGun

Yesterday's Ride

Haha, cool vid. You look happy to be out riding. :lol: Forgive my ignorance, is that Kansas City?
  8. JonTheGun

The Daily Nail

Thanks, glad you like. I stole the pedals of my housemates bike this morning (sssshhhh, he'll never know!) and took it out for a very tentative spin round the block. Seems to be riding really smoothly so far, and I didn't die which is a bonus! I'm off to find a quiet car park to get some...
  9. JonTheGun

RAT ROD

Hey. I don't know how I haven't seen this thread until now. Just wanted to say thanks for for setting up such a cool site, it's so freshing to see a forum without an attitude problem! Great to hear you're a christian too, and about the work you're doing! So greetings from Lansdowne Baptist...
  10. JonTheGun

The Daily Nail

I hope you're right, but I don't think this bike is gunna be anything super special! Haha, the football helmet, I only use that when I'm attempting to cook! I'm not into sports unless it involves a bike, a board or a beach. So I took a few pics this evening. It's not quite finished yet...
  11. JonTheGun

The Daily Nail

Thanks, guys. The bottom bracket was a standard size jobby. I was pleasantly surprised when I measured it up. I went for a square tapper drive knowing it would give me more options with the cranks, then somehow ended up with that tripe! I would have put some more pics up tonight, but I managed...
  12. JonTheGun

newbie from england

Haha, that's cool! We'll have to get some people together and go for a cruise along the beach front in Bournemouth in the summer. Looking forward to seeing pics of your bike, get some snaps up of the Moggy minor too. This is my mates Moggy, she's a bit of a rat. You might of seen it around...
  13. JonTheGun

The Daily Nail

Alright, alright, alright! Hold yer horses! :D I wasn't leaving the story there for dramatic effect, it was just getting late here. I have no idea what brand the speakers are, they're nothing special but make a noise! Hahaha, I'm sure the paint industry will survive Uncle Stretch! :lol...
  14. JonTheGun

The Daily Nail

I'm writing this in retrospect, having very nearly finished the bike, but I took photo's throughout the build so I thought I'd do a bit of a thread. Here's what happend... I was getting a bit frustrated with only having a BMX or silly cruiser to ride. which is fine as long as I don;t want to...
  15. JonTheGun

Link to a crazy set of pics, mostly antique british bikes

Wow! Cool site, there're some crazy machines on there. I'm a big fan of the BSA Opperman... I just love those bars!
  16. JonTheGun

newbie from england

Hey dude. Where abouts are you from? Get some pics of your bikes up! A friend of mine modded a Bratz bike, turned out surprising well!
  17. JonTheGun

Show us them cars!

That's cheating! Only joking, I'm just jealous because I can't aford air. :cry: Need to get my wagon a bit lower this summer...
  18. JonTheGun

Brooks saddles

Undoubtedly the best thing to ever come out of Smethwick. Such a simple process, yet they end result is a design classic.
  19. JonTheGun

Elswick Hopper

A good friend of mine came across this classic Brit bike and couldn't resist. With a quick once-over a change of saddle and some new rubber it was looking good! Wish it was my bike!
Back