Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. stepper

Ever try squeezing a 26x2.125 wheel on a road bike?

Anyone ever try squeezing a 26x2.125 wheel on a road bike? I have this Falcon frame that I would like to strip, primer and paint metalflake green with cream headtube. I then plan on putting a coaster brake on her and some cream tires. I'm thinking that the easy way to do this (if it will all...
  2. stepper

CherryLiner (fka MotorLiner)

Here she is. I hope to get better pics soon since these were taken in the rain with little thought. Hope you like her :D
  3. stepper

Wybie's Cool Rat from Animated Film "Coraline"

I just watched the animated film "Coraline" with the wife last night. The movie was dark and entertaining but I really enjoyed seeing Wybie's motorized rat.
  4. stepper

Bikesdirect.com looking to create a retro fixed gear frame!

Check out this link on bikeforums.net. It looks like Bikesdirect.com is thinking of making a double top tube fixed gear frame for a retro ride. I think their inspiration came from somebody over here. http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=508006 Could it be possible that our beloved...
  5. stepper

6Volt Headlight Help

Hey guys, I need a little help here. I am looking for a headlight for my Space BIke build. I have found several lights that can fit the aesthetic bill but have some questions on powering these lights. Basically I am thinking of getting a 6V headlight or emergency light and connect up 4 "D" cell...
  6. stepper

Awsome Britney Spears Video Here!!!

This one is a little off topic for any forum. But anyway, click link for the best Britney Spears video ever: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=OKidRyxDM ... re=related
  7. stepper

CherryLiner (formerly known as MotorLiner) - DONE -

Some of you might have seen my plans for the MotorLiner. She was conceived in a moment of weakness. One of those many moments wherein I have found myself obsessing over JoeyMac's Devilwing. This particular moment was different though because this time I was browsing Ebay and found a Spaceliner...
  8. stepper

Finally Putting In My Intro - Peace from Virginia Beach

How's it going guys and gals. I've already been posting here for a few weeks now but never really posted an intro. So anyway, here it is... I found you guys while I was doing a Build Off project called Velo Cheapo for Bikeforums.net. The Build Off rules were to build a bike with a max budget of...
  9. stepper

Schwinn Geometry - Old vs New

Hey guys, I just have a quick question for you. Is there a difference in geometry between an older Schwinn cruiser frame like a 50's Phantom as compared to a brand new SSX? My brother has an SSX that he doesn't use and I would love to take it off his hands and make a low slung rat with a phantom...
  10. stepper

Ridley Motorbikes!?!?!

Came across these Ridley motorbikes on uncrate.com. Uncrate is sort of a gentlemen's toys site. Looks like Ridley is adding $200.00 motor kits to $500.00 Felt cruisers and selling them with a $1,300 proffit! http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/transpo ... otorbikes/
  11. stepper

Now With Full Write-Up - The Third Bike (pic heavy)

FULL REPORT ON PAGE 2 In a previous thread (see link) I had promised pics of my third build. Well, I just got her done and here she is. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10454 This build was a super budget build that started with a $20.00 Schwinn New World. Some of the cheapo features of...
  12. stepper

Bikes With Motors!

Do we have a thread that features bikes with motors yet? If not then I want to see them! Thanks, Jason
  13. stepper

Can a Springer Fork Handle MOderate MTB Terrain?

Hello, I think my next bike will be something that I can use to ride some local dirt trails with moderate bumps, dips and the occasional jump. Would you guys say that a cruiser with a springer fork could possibly handle such terrain? I came accross this beauty by Praisethelowered and thought...
  14. stepper

My Three Bikes - Pic Heavy -

**Edit - oops. Pics are of two bikes not three. Third is on its way.** ** Link to the third: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11209 ** Hey there, I was searching the net looking for a nice saddle for my newest rat build when I stumbled upon this site. After browsing through the gallery I suddenly felt like...
Back