Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SSG

Aroundtuit

I'm off to a bit of a late start, and I don't really have a plan at this point. I'll find some inspiration once I start to get some parts together. For now this is what I'm starting with.
  2. SSG

Polecat

This bike started out as a rusty ladies Free Spirit. I converted it to a mens frame with a curved seat tube and hellenec style seat stays, while attempting to keep the original patina. All the tubing is from Murray built bikes. All the parts that were replaced were left over from other builds...
  3. SSG

Polecat (BO17)

You know what they say,"1st is the worst".
  4. SSG

Yesterdays Finds, Amf Skyrider and a 70's exercize bike.

This AMF Skyrider middleweight looks like it should be salvagable, the chrome is gone but everything is still solid. I also got this 70's Vitamaster exercize bike which has a 20" wheel disc, three piece cranks and a cool chainguard that might find their way on to some future project.
  5. SSG

Stuck/sunken seat post puller.

I had a frame with a seat post pushed down into the seat tube so I had to come up with a simple fix. I tried using a piece of rubber tubing for the expander, but the post was too stuck. I used a piece of threaded rod, a piece of pipe that just would fit inside the seat post tube cut at an angle...
  6. SSG

Free Spirit FS880 BMX

I don't really mess with bmx bikes anymore, but this bike was too rad to pass up. I'd guess it's from around 1987.
  7. SSG

Psychobilly Cadillac (BO16)

As usual I'll just be making things up as I go along. Due to the bike boom I haven't ended up with any donor bikes in the past year so picking are slim.
  8. SSG

I haven't been getting much work done outside.

I've never seen this much water standing, not even from a hurricane. This isn't run-off from anywhere else, this is just how saturated the ground is. Inside my barn.
  9. SSG

Lugged Schwinn Quill Stem ID needed.

I was told this came from a 1970 Schwinn Collegiate Tourist, but I'm not sure it's correct for that bike. I'm not even sure its oem schwinn. I'm just wondering if anyone recognizes what bike it came from. No markings other than the minimum insertion text.
  10. SSG

"Schwinn Approved" lightweight front axle help needed.

I believe it's m8x1, 140mm long. The axle itself says "Schwinn Approved Germany 1 68". The Wald #157 axle kit says it fits "most union and imported hubs" but the actual size isn't listed. Anyone have any experience with these hubs? Thanks in advance.
  11. SSG

XLR8

This bike features functional front and rear suspension and a feet forward seating position for superior comfort, even in the roughest post-apocalyptic road conditions. It started with a vintage exercise bike frame. XLR8 Build Thread.
  12. SSG

BO15 XLR8

I dragged this Exercycle exercise bike frame out of the woods. It'll be the base for this build.
  13. SSG

1968 Double Diamond.

This 1968 racer was pretty rough from sitting outside as yard art so it was a perfect candidate for a mild custom job. I've built it up in the style of a ship yard bike while making use of as many of the original parts as possible. It started out as this. After stripping it down I braced the...
  14. SSG

1968 Double Diamond

I just happened to be at the right place at the right time as someone was about to haul this yard art Schwinn to the dump. It's a 1968 Racer. It's covered in some sort yellow peel coat paint and the original paint is trashed so I think it's a good candidate for a custom job.
  15. SSG

NC bill proposes bicycle registration.

As far as I know this is the first time any state has proposed bicycle registration (rather than individual cities). No mention of what the registration tag will look like or how it will be attached to the bicycle. If you're in NC and have an opinion you might let your representatives know...
  16. SSG

WTB: Four 26" trike wheels, cart type, worksman, etc.

I'm looking for four 26" wheels with cartridge style bearing hubs for 3/4 axles. Found on trikes, sulkys, garden carts, hot dog carts, etc. Just thought I'd put out a feeler in the event anyone has some laying around. The heavier duty the better.
  17. SSG

Pastiche

Before: Finished: This is a ladies Huffy mountain bike turned fixed gear 700c Motobike. Build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/pastiche-painted-sneak-peek.106434/
  18. SSG

RRBBO13 Pastiche (Painted, Sneak Peek)

I'm going for a classic cruiser style build and I'll be using this huffy as a donor. I'm thinking about something like this.
  19. SSG

WTB: Ugly and unloved frame.

The cheaper and uglier the better. I'm ideally looking something that didn't sell at the swap, something that needs repair, has rust ,freeze cracks, house paint, etc. To narrow it down I'm not looking for diamond frames or ladies frames this time unless it's something really old or unusual and...
  20. SSG

I'm pretty happy with how this bike turned out, although these last few days have been a mad rush to get finished on time. The build thread can be found here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/1891-scratch-built-wbo2018.105565/
Back