Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. oreilly907

Just finished my girls '62 Meteor Flight

I'm pretty sure it was original on the bike. I've seen a few with the same rack.
  2. oreilly907

I gave $70 for this one, but it was in pretty good shape.
  3. oreilly907

Thanks Scurry. I'd like to do fenders and the front rack.
  4. oreilly907

What do you guys think. It turned out slick. Seat and pedals finally came in. I'm had a tough time finding 1/2" white block pedals
  5. oreilly907

First old bike, Firestone,Rollfast

Please don't cut on that one. I've got the same bike but not as clean. That ones way too nice.
  6. oreilly907

My Three Bikes - Pic Heavy -

Welcome aboard. Absolutly beautiful rides. This is the bicycle melting pot. You'll fit right in. Remember, patina won't hurt you. (I'm learning to love it myself)
  7. oreilly907

Couldn't find wide whites for a Tricycle...

This thing was junk when I found it. My ex has got a 18 month old son that I fully intend to keep supplied with rat bikes. If you think steel wooling a rim sucks, try gluing fake leather to a tricycle seat!
  8. oreilly907

"The Mutt" Tandem

Makes sense. Thanks for the heads-up.
  9. oreilly907

"The Mutt" Tandem

I've got a trike set-up with red rims and 'whites. What about putting that on it? That would combine the two most usless bicycle configurations. Just a thought.
  10. oreilly907

Need help identifying a "Grandis"

Found this today for $60. It's super light (I guess I'm used to the pigs that we work on). The derailleur is an Exage EX300. The chainstay says Grandis Special. The engraving where the headstamp usually is says "Made in Italy". Thanks
  11. oreilly907

My girlfriends Rollfast

Sweet lay-out! That's a nice red. By the way, that looks like the carpet in my garage, a.k.a. living room. Have you been coming over working on stuff while I'm away?
  12. oreilly907

"The Mutt" Tandem

I've been crazy busy. I finally mocked up the Mutt with some doner parts. I still kinda think the ape hangers may be the way to go. Whatdya' think?
  13. oreilly907

Finally my swingbike today!

Re: Finally got a swingbike Stop finding this cool stuff! I'm new to this and I can't keep up. So cool!!! I'll post when I find one.
  14. oreilly907

Show off your bikes with tanks

Just thought I'd throw my Firestone in...
  15. oreilly907

Parkleigh - Any info

CL find, $40. Probably paid to much but the 3 spd. hub worked great and I wanted it for another project (3S). I can't find any info on this bike, just wondered if anyone had any heard of this one. Thanks.
  16. oreilly907

Ready for my first Rat

Thanks guys, I'm glad to have found such a wonderful resource.
  17. oreilly907

"The Mutt" Tandem

That's a great idea. I'll get the poll set up this week, I may ask for some help as I've never set one up. This is a great community, everyone is so helpful here. Thanks so much.
  18. oreilly907

"The Mutt" Tandem

Well, no one seem to be able to identify what this is so I'm gonna smooth it out and Rat it. Everyone seems to be in agreement that this is a home-built tandem. But it's also cool enough I'm gonna finish it. Please share your thoughts on how we need to finish this one. Thanks. After tear-down...
  19. oreilly907

Tandem Rat

Glad you guys approve. Tearing it down today, maybe I'll find some numbers.
  20. oreilly907

Tandem Rat

I usually overlook these but the design was kinda cool to me. I've searched images for an hour and can't find another one like this. I can't find any #'s on it. The back of the saddles are taged "CYCLERAMA" and "Made in Japan", they could've been replaced though. It appears to be factory made...
Back